Time to cowboy up

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Time to cowboy up

campgottagopee
Just about this time tomorrow morning they'll be wheeling me in to give me a new knee. I'm soooooooo ready to get this done and on the road to recovery. All this hobbling around, not being able to do squawdooosh is for the birds.

HPD and I were both unable to ski this year at WF......we have some making up to do next year
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Time to cowboy up

gebbyfish
Well, if you had to miss a season, I guess this was a good one to miss!  Hope your surgery and recovery go well!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Best of luck with the surgery, and just remember ... Pain is weakness leaving the body!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
campgottagopee wrote
HPD and I were both unable to ski this year at WF......we have some making up to do next year
Ahh i now recall that you hurt your knee - good luck.  I didn't realize that you didn't ski that day.  Without skiing your trip to the DAKs must have been an epic drink fest.  Nothing makes a bum knee feel better than a beer or 10.

Best advice i can give you is listen to the PT folks and work hard at rehab.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Good Luck Camp!  Smart move going in now.  You'll be riding a bike by June!  Cutting sports come August and rock solid to ski by Nov!  

Do the PT like your chasing the monster buck of all time!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
++++vibeage+++++ to Camp and HPD.

The comeback is going to be BIG!!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks all.

This PT will be MY NFL training camp...gonna hit 'er hard....best news is I got the purchase of a NEW mountain bike by the goalie this morning
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Good Luck Campster !!!!!!!  UR   young and tuff mentally just be religious with the PT , sweat like a pig , huff n' puff, push n' pull and  you'll be a Bull by next season !!!!!!n   Vibes and OH -----------------GO ORANGE do damage for the Campster !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Damn straight WARP....GO CUSE BITCHES
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Make sure you have them write as many painkiller scripts as you can.  They always come in handy down the road:)

Good luck man.  I've had my left acl done twice.  Its no picnic but you can get back.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Campi, borrow a smart phone so you can facebook in the recovery room.  Keep hitting that button.  That was a fun day for me.  The next couple..not so much.   And remember there is no crying in the recovery room.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Camp-man. You are probably fully engaged to a morphine drip by now but just in case, make sure your doc signs his name on the correct knee. Mine did and it made me feel a lot better. I had my knee done April 1, 2010 and was skiing carefully, with a brace, the next season. Skied this season without the brace and never felt the need for it.

Enjoy the ride!

I may have shared this with you before but just in case:
A fine poem my wife wrote on the topic of me getting knee surgery
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Good luck campi!  first few days are a beotch!  perfect timing on the surg though.  I had mine beginning of april, on bike in June!  Road biking or stationary bike is your BFF!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
heal well my friend ...  do the pt and you'll be back badder 'n ever
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Good luck, heal well, ski soon!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
All went fine....I now officially know what pain is, Wow!!! Knee fixed and now its snowing here in cny...lol
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Glad to hear it was a success My man !!   Hope the ONLY pain you suffer is from the pain inflicted by the Buckeyes on our Orangeman . Heal well dude >
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
glad it went well - if my daughter handled the pain of two acl surges i'm sure you'll be fine
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Gorgonzola, your daughter is Obvi way tougher than me...LOL

Warp...that game hurt but with all Cuse has been thru we had a good year, would've been nice to win a couple more but refs didn't see it that way!!! Bastards!!!