Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Titus Mountain Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
Titus Mountain Family Ski Center Schedules Earliest Ever Opening Day

November 20, 2014

Malone, NY – Mother Nature and Titus Mountain Family Ski Center joined forces over the past 48 hours to make history! Titus Mountain will have its earliest opening ever with lifts spinning this Saturday starting at 9am. The November 22 opening allows skiers and riders the opportunity to hit the slopes two weeks earlier than the 2013­ - 2014 season, which ran for 107 days.

The hours of operation for Saturday will be from 9am to 4pm. There are currently 12 trails slated to be open from beginner to advanced. “Weather will be a factor for final trail and lift count, but you’re definitely going to get your money’s worth,” Monette continued, citing that tickets will only be $10 for an all­day ticket. The newest Terrain Park, Mo’s Stash, will also have a ribbon cutting Saturday; it is one of the few all­natural terrain parks in the east.

Conditions will be available the morning of by visiting www.TitusMountain.com and photos and videos will be available to view. Season passes are still on sale and can be purchased online or in person and have no blackout dates, including the opening day. Continued hours of operation and
opening days can be found online.

Contact

Brittany Taylor, Director of Marketing
215 Johnson Road | Malone, NY 12953
Phone: (518) 483­3740 | Fax: (518) 483­2031
Email: Brittany@TitusMountain.com
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Titus Mountain Conditions

Titus Mtn
Warm, windy days & nights right now. Titus will re-open after Turkey Day . . . Date TBA.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
See ya soon Brittany , gotta get my super senior season pass again  this yr !!  Think dumpage !!

Warp  !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Titus Mtn
Saturday, 12/6 Daily Report:
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Thank you Titus !
Reply | Threaded
|

Titus Mtn
Sunday, 12/7 Daily Report:
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Don't get me wrong, Titus is a cool hill, but we don't need a trail report every day.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
PeeTex wrote
Don't get me wrong, Titus is a cool hill, but we don't need a trail report every day.
Waaaa ! You're starting to sound like Matt.

Thanks Titus !
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
PeeTex wrote
Waaaa ! You're starting to sound like Matt.

Thanks Titus !
Well it could be worse - you could have said I was sounding like P-Ass
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I'm going to present a dissenting view.

Access to, and communication with/from mountain management is always a good thing.  This is a great place for Titus to communicate with forum members.  Trail reports, or whatever they think is important.

It's got to be as least as relevant as ice cream.  If you'd rather not see input from Titus, just avoid the thread.

Seems a little ironic for Peetex to be chasing Titus Mtn away.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Moar Titus!

It has a soft spot in my heart as the first place I went skiing with Blue Toes. Before marriage, it was one of The Tests. She passed.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Absolutely in favor of more Titus !  😎. This is a perfect venue for ski reports of any stripe . If you don't want to  see a given thread , then don't access it .

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Yea, and it's a NY mtn !   

Hopefully they'll post some pics next time. Harv loves pics !  
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
Yea, and it's a NY mtn !   

Hopefully they'll post some pics next time. Harv loves pics !  
Yep - I agree, a few pics, a narrative or trail report would be a lot better.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
It's got to be as least as relevant as ice cream.  
Or the Saratoga Police, or Movies your family can watch, or ...
I think it's great that you have the management from small mountains willing to take the time to respond with a written note and provide input. Platty is a great example. It really gives a unique perspective to the forum. A copy of the daily trail report - not so much. That's my opinion. Titus is a great place with great people, I know a few working there - in no way am I dis-ing them.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Absolutely in favor of more Titus !  😎. This is a perfect venue for ski reports of any stripe . If you don't want to  see a given thread , then don't access it .
I actually want to hear some eye witness reports on Titus. But if you want to see mountain condition reports,
here's the link to their daily trail report: http://www.titusmountain.com/conditions-2

Actually a nice web site, much better than most of the others out there. At least you can easily find stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by PeeTex
OK that was a little snarky.  It's a given that most things posted in conditions will be more relevant to skiing than anything in the OT.

Here's what I'm thinking P.  You've got different levels of forum experience among members. Those who have been around forums "get" that things can be a little rough and tumble.  Those who have less experience seem to expect a more civil interaction that mirrors real life.

I've seen this scenario repeatedly. Someone with no forum experience finds the forum through search or a link or whatever and joins.  Then some crusty forum vet tells them in one way or another their input isn't valuable. They are offended and they quit.  This is my primary beef with Noah. I know it's just a big game to him and in "real life" he's not an asshole, but he's driven away several members. Those members without a lot of forum experience add a different perspective that us crusty old timers can't provide.

Titus Mountain contacted me and asked how they could keep us updated on things happening at the mountain. I said "why not join the forum and post updates in Conditions?"  Maybe your approach could be to ask questions to get the kind of info you want.  

I realize that your comment in the grand scheme of things was relatively innocent, but it might not be perceived that way.  IMO If we had employee/owner from every mountain contributing it could facilitate the transfer of information and make this place more valuable.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
OK that was a little snarky.  It's a given that most things posted in conditions will be more relevant to skiing than anything in the OT.

Here's what I'm thinking P.  You've got different levels of forum experience among members. Those who have been around forums "get" that things can be a little rough and tumble.  Those who have less experience seem to expect a more civil interaction that mirrors real life.

I've seen this scenario repeatedly. Someone with no forum experience finds the forum through search or a link or whatever and joins.  Then some crusty forum vet tells them in one way or another their input isn't valuable. They are offended and they quit.  This is my primary beef with Noah. I know it's just a big game to him and in "real life" he's not an asshole, but he's driven away several members. Those members without a lot of forum experience add a different perspective that us crusty old timers can't provide.

Titus Mountain contacted me and asked how they could keep us updated on things happening at the mountain. I said "why not join the forum and post updates in Conditions?"  Maybe your approach could be to ask questions to get the kind of info you want.  

I realize that your comment in the grand scheme of things was relatively innocent, but it might not be perceived that way.  IMO If we had employee/owner from every mountain contributing it could facilitate the transfer of information and make this place more valuable.
Agree with all you said. Again - I am super glad to see they want to contribute. Great people, and from the few times I have been there - great place. I hear they put in new base facilities a few years back, haven't been there in 12 years.
Would like to see a few pics of that as well as hear more about the "Forever Wild ungroomed terrain" listed on their website. That link takes you to info on the terrain park which is bound to be a mistake.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Been a  Titus season pass holder for yrs .

Under the new owners ,Titus has made an incredible array of  improvements a  new  base lodge and a renovated upper mtn lodge ,  new groomers , guns and enhanced both the trail  and glade count .and has a new Maple syrup  pancake restaurant and  syrup production facility  on slope .  The vibe is very laid back ,spiced with a Quebecois presence of our friends from across the border . Grooming is superb , BUT Titus is wise enough to leave  several trails untouched and has enhanced its gladed features .

SO yeah i am a homer but one who does several multiple day long road trips to ski the big boys in Canada , other NYS mtns and several New England venues each season .BUT Titus is and will remain our home hill and we appreciate their efforts up here in God's Country !!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Titus Mtn
Titus is scheduled to re-open Friday. Big storm warning posted for Tue.-Wed., though. Keep watching!
1234 ... 25