classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
193 messages Options
1234567 ... 10
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's paddle

Sick Bird Rider
Today's paddle got thwarted by a bird (canoe part pun intended). We had planned on taking our vintage cedar-canvas canoe out for a spin but Mother Nature had other plans:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Today's paddle got thwarted by a bird (canoe part pun intended). We had planned on taking our vintage cedar-canvas canoe out for a spin but Mother Nature had other plans
Thats almost a bad yoke...
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Today's paddle got thwarted by a bird (canoe part pun intended). We had planned on taking our vintage cedar-canvas canoe out for a spin but Mother Nature had other plans:
Brunch?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
ml242 wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Brunch?
Bad yolk.....?
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
You guys are laying eggs all over the place.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Floodwood Pond to Follensby Clear Pond.

trip report

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Looks like a nice place to wake up, I'll check out the link!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Nice report Heff. Looks like a cool trip. Thanks for sharing
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Todays paddle was our anniversary!  A great way to start the day, i might add. Ended with a road trip south for some pie at Pie.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Those are some cool pics. For some reason, I'm really hungry now
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Some nice glass on the Big East River yesterday.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
...and some more 'za for you Brownski!  This was after this mornings paddle..
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This thread is not for the ant-carbs crowd apparently. Here's a couple pics from last week that didn't make the blog...

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Anti- carbs?   Well i do avoid empty carbs like sugar, etc and certainly try to  avoid complex carbs in the evening.. But luckily I'm very lactose intolerant... Pairing dairy with anything guarantees I'll never get fat from that said meal..

Nice pics of NYC btw..
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
The dog and I went for a nice paddle this morning. He got wet, I didn't. More later.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Here are a few more pics from yesterday's paddle. I'll give 20,000 points to anyone who can identify the make and model of the canoe.

My solo boat had been in storage for a while, so there was some washing to be done.

Launching at the public beach on Lake Vernon, 10 minutes from home.

Utah checks out the goings-on at the beach.

It is a short paddle into a beautiful river delta, with a few dead ends to explore.

Here we are, 10 am on the Saturday morning of a busy holiday weekend, 10 minutes from town. Rush hour traffic.

I paddled upstream for about an hour, then came back. We took a break at this sandspit by the river mouth. The dog isn't much of a swimmer but he likes to wade out up to his chest and then lie down in the water.

What a great morning!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Looks like a great spot. Can't remember the make/model but it looks almost exactly like a little fiberglass canoe I used to have that was made by a small outfit in VT. I passed it on to my sister years ago. Solo canoes don't get much respect or attention but for light weight, maneuverability and portability they can't be beat.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Thanks Brownski, that area is a hidden gem right in the town limits. The delta is a protected nature reserve though there are a few houses further upriver.

Sorry, you don't get any points on the canoe ID contest. It was built in the USA but not Vermont. A little further west, in fact, though not too far.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I texted my sister. Mine was from a company  that went out of business called Naturebound. They were made in Mass it turns out, nit VT. I was confused cause there's a guy in VT that will make you new gunwales and seats for their canoes still. Your pics actually remind of the Ausable where it empties into Lake Champlain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
I dont know about the canoe (looks nice though), but the sailboat looks a lot like the O'Day Javelin I used to own.  I like the El Gordo paddle too.
1234567 ... 10