1175 messages Options
1 ... 78910111213 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Chris
SBR- Kudos for doing good to the Cubans, the gift of wheels
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Chris wrote
SBR- Kudos for doing good to the Cubans, the gift of wheels
Thanks, Chris. Over the last four years we have brought 35 bikes to a rural area in south-eastern Cuba, sheparded by tourists going to a small resort in the region. This October, another six or so will go. My wife organizes the tours, solicits the donations, I fix the bikes and Cuban friends help with distribution, primarily to families in more remote areas. Giving a Cuban a bike is like having someone give you a car, truly the gift of wheels. If you are interested, read more here.

Though I have to admit, I was very tempted to keep the Rockhopper and turn it into a gravel road bike. Except that I already have a very nice Kona destined for this purpose!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Pretty good night at SMBA on Weds.  Rode Dam Extension, Twizzler and Bee for a big loop.  With this week’s damp, humid weather the rocks and roots were pretty slick.  Rode solo and slowed down my pace a notch to work on technique, that seemed to pay off with cleaner riding.  Finished up by 7:30 (had to get home early) so didn’t quite need the headlamp.

Some yellows and even some orange are beginning to show:

Sun getting low, somewhere out on Bee:

Stopped at Minogues on the way home and I was so pleased to find out that Saranac (sorry if that's not a "craft" brew) is continuing their "brewer's dozen" promotion that #13 didn't even make it all the way home.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
There are even some fall colors showing in north NJ.  50-55 mile road ride today, Morris and Hunterdon Counties.  No photos, it was raining.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave

Yesterday was, like always, a good day for a ride.  
That is all...

Td
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
@ Telemark Dave  Where is that photo taken?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Hi Peter.

About 2km  from my house in Port Sydney, Ontario.  (15k's south of Huntsville). It's on a trail near the Ontario Pioneer summer camp.  The waterfall flows right until June or so, but is mostly dry this time of year.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The maples are turning red in Jay now.  This was at roughly 1400 feet elevation in the JLK tract / Acres trails on my lunch ride today.  Been losing some weight by riding at lunch every day I can.  

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Coach Z wrote
Been losing some weight by riding at lunch every day I can.  
I think the Weds ride MC2 an I are doing end up getting offset by our beer drinking afterward.
I need to start getting pics at some point.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I decided to test my new bike on Hardy roads All In.  Bike did ok except for having trouble with my left peddle clicking in and out that led to one fall another almost.  Suspension did well and those 29" wheels do make things easy to ride over but at the expensive of some quickness of my old hard tail.  I have to mentally get used to what I can ride over as that was a problem for me especially on the way down.

The rider did not fare as well as the bike.  Damm is that one punishing climb! Took me about 50 mins to reach the top.  I may need to change my granny gear to a 22 from a 24.  Also want to add some bar ends to help with out of the saddle climbing as I was losing the rear traction on those tight switchback turns going up.

I saw HPD heading up as I was coming down.

This was probably the hardest mtb ride I've ever done.  I was over my head like a blue skier on Skyward.  It was too hard and not that enjoyable for me.  I need to find a nice medium ride.

View from the top

Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by Z
Try the stuff on the other (west) side coach.   Just stay off Good Luck for a while.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Thanks

Is the Fluumes upper and lower connector as a loop my speed?  Which way do you ride that loop?
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Coach Z wrote
 I may need to change my granny gear to a 22 from a 24.  Also want to add some bar ends to help with out of the saddle climbing as I was losing the rear traction on those tight switchback turns going up.
tough climb for sure - keep riding, you won't want or need either of those with improvements in conditioning and technique
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Coach - get out with some other riders.  Just like skiing with strong skiers makes you step up your own game, your skills will advance more quickly by riding with strong riders.  I'm sure the guys will treat you nice if you show up for Hardy Hour 

You bought your bike at Placid Planet, right?  They must go out on shop rides too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
All In kicked my ass too Coach...great trail though. Big props to SJ and the BETA crew for all they do to make Mt. Biking so great in the LP/WF region.  
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Yesterday's actually... American standard trail, 16 mi of classic pa rockin fun

The trail gets it's name from the porcelain urinal mounted to a tree about 10 mi in

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
love ridin this time of year! last nights full moon ride with a ska version of neil young's harvest moon on the mindpod
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Hang in there coach. Keep riding All In. We also have a powder puff division on Friday nights. They would love another member. Do not get bar ends. Slide forward on your seat. Stick the nose into your taint. Sit tall. Consistent peddle cadence
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
booze cruise
Wednesday booze cruise
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded