This post was updated on .
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Toggenburg Conditions

Glade Runner
Banned User
Cool.  Is the park all set up with those big jumps yet?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Bosco DaSkia
Toggenburg Mountain Opens Friday with Five Trails
And Most Terrain Park Open Features in Central New York

(7 Jan 16) – Fabius, NY – Toggenburg Mountain is opening tomorrow, Friday, January 8, 2016, for the season. The hours of operation are 9:00am – 10:00pm.

Toggenburg’s Mountain Crew has made snow throughout the week to be able to open five trails from top to bottom and edge to edge. The open trails include: Upper and Lower Main, Doc’s Run, Billy’s Butt, the Learning Center, and their Upper Terrain Park. Two double chairlifts and the rope tow will be open..

Toggenburg Mountain is opening tomorrow with an impressive seven terrain park features to include: two 8’ flat boxes, 20’ corrugated pipe, 24’ flat box, 7’ rail, 24’ canon rail and a 20’ table, currently leading Central New York in open park features.

The Foggy Goggle Restaurant will open at 11am, tomorrow, Friday 1/8.

For more information, visit: www.SkiTog.com 315.683.5842
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Big D
OK - Me, Cornhead and 2 other guys skied Greeks sister resort Toggenburg on Tues. 1/19. Tog got 8 inches of fresh powder. Great little and so far UNSPOILED, old fashioned ski hill. Focus there and priorities are entirely on skiing and boarding. (no tubing, manicures, massages, facials, valet parking, or resort fees, yet) We showed our Greek passes at the ticket window and quickly were given our FREE lift tickets. Some schools west of Syracuse were closed because of snowfall and a large number of mothers brought their young kids out for a ski/boarding day. Tog has affordable season pass rates for familes of 4, 5 or 6... one mother thinks the Tog rates are going UP next year to be in line with Greek. My opinion is that they should offer the Toggenburg people a Tog only seasons pass and also the option of a higher priced intermountain Greek/Toggenburg pass.  

Pic of me on the left and Cornhead on the right.

Cornhead:

Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
Wow, I haven't been back to Tog since middle school ski club in the early 90's...your pictures make me want to go back purely for nostalgia purposes...none of that even looks familiar to me anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
That does look nice.  Free pow day also cool!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Anyways I ate lunch in the cafeteria section and the other guys ended up eating in the Foggy Google Restaurant. They said the food was great! There is also a sports bar in the Foggy Google - will defenatly check out the restaurant and sports bar next time. Tog being a little farther north, seems to sometimes, get more lake effects snow than Greek Peak gets nowdays.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Nice pics Big D, did you get permission from the owner to use them? I hear he can be a real dick. It sure beat being at work, wish there were a few more trails open. Now I can scratch Togg of my list, I couldn't remember if it was there, or Lab, that I skied about 10 yrs ago, turns out it was Lab. It is a nice option for when the LES dips below  Syracuse, but not as far as Greek. The price was right, spent guiltlessly on breakfast and lunch there. The poutine at the Foggy Goggle was excellent.