Snowballs
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Top 10 under-the-radar ski resorts in the US

WNY-ADK Skier
Snowballs wrote
I can think of a bunch of Eastern resorts that are more "under the radar" than Sugarloaf. Sugarloaf is super well known in the East. Gore would be an ideal candidate for under the radar. New Hampshire resorts as well - Wildcat, Cannon, etc. Magic in Vermont. Saddleback in Maine. The Western resorts make sense to me. Goes to show that the most underrated resorts are in the Northwest - Washington, Oregon, Idaho. Incredible skiing over there. As good as any other region in America.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Aleyeska, Big Sky, Big Mountain, Crystal, Snowbird, & Sugarloaf - all under the radar screen, man - he doesn't get out much. I was expecting places like Bridger Bowl, Powder Mtn, Red Lodge, Wolf Creek, Grand Targhee, Sundance & Snow Basin to be in the "Under the radar" great value places to ski. I guess he never rode the tram at Snowbird - Moooo.
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
DackerDan wrote
Aleyeska, Big Sky, Big Mountain, Crystal, Snowbird, & Sugarloaf - all under the radar screen, man - he doesn't get out much. I was expecting places like Bridger Bowl, Powder Mtn, Red Lodge, Wolf Creek, Grand Targhee, Sundance & Snow Basin to be in the "Under the radar" great value places to ski. I guess he never rode the tram at Snowbird - Moooo.
Snowbird was a real stretch, wasn't it? Regarding Washington state, Baker is more under the radar than Crystal. Hardcore people now about it. But the average joe has no idea what it is and why it's so special.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by WNY-ADK Skier
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
Snowballs wrote
Gore would be an ideal candidate for under the radar.
+1  It is so under the radar that it didn't even make the under the radar list.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Snowballs
I don't understand Snowbird either. Alyeska, I get, because when people think "ski vacation", they don't really think Girdwood, Alaska.

Sugarloaf is pretty well known. I don't understand why they didn't go with Saddleback.

Well, like most lists, this one is dumb. Amazing that Buzzfeed and other sites make tons of money off of stupid posts like this.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by snoloco
Ok that was funny !

Way back in the day, 12 or so years ago, I think Gore was mentioned in somebody's top ten under rated or some such list.

Someone will know.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Snowballs wrote
Ok that was funny !

Way back in the day, 12 or so years ago, I think Gore was mentioned in somebody's top ten under rated or some such list.

Someone will know.
You just proved me right !
I've lived in New York my entire life.