classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Topridge Triple

TomCat
This post was updated on .
Does anyone else think the chair is running a bit faster this year? If so, kudos to Gore. If not I guess old age is just setting in faster.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Topridge Triple

adkskier
According to lift maintenance the "rope speed" pr speed of the lifts are all consistent. The exception may be slowed lifts when high winds are causing issues. For a long time skiers have speculated that the North Quad is slow. The fact is that the lift is long and, therefore perception is that it is a slow ride.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
A few years ago I rode the lifts with a gps. The north quad was slower the SB, top ridge and the high peaks double. The lower double was slower than the north quad. Now you can download a speedometer app onto your phone and watch the speeds. It would make sense to run the quad slower due to the sliders the lift services and the somewhat wacky loading arrangement.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
In reply to this post by TomCat
I rode the lifts few weeks ago with Garmin 305 GPS watch. Speed shown was incorrect due to the fact that lifts go up, and regular common-folk GPS is very poor at changing altitude and goes nuts when you use it up or downhill.

I'll try to remember use good old timer next time. My friend from China tells me that if you divide distance by time you get speed - gotta check that out.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I'll try to remember use good old timer next time. My friend from China tells me that if you divide distance by time you get speed - gotta check that out. <quote author="Denis.N">

as long as the coefficient of friction is constant
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I've no doubt they vary the speeds at times, tho they mostly seem consistent. Also, that loading arrangement at the north quad is boog. To long of an approach. Sometimes little ones have a hard time transversing that long distance in time to beat the chair, especially when there's 3-4 people loading.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Denis.N
Denis.N wrote
My friend from China tells me that if you divide distance by time you get speed - gotta check that out.
My Greek physics professor tried telling me that too. I think it's a conspiracy.

Anyhooters, I heard the other day that the higher the capacity of the chair, the slower it has to run (ANSI or ISO standards?). As in a single chair can run faster than a double which runs faster than a triple, ect. But this was all regarding fixed grip chairs, I'm not sure if it's the same or not for detachables.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
fujative wrote
Anyhooters,
Well, that depends....