Trail to Becks?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trail to Becks?

Scott
Can anyone tell me where I can locate the trailhead down to Becks Tavern from the lodge area. I believe that one exists and would love to ski down to the Yurt bar after a day of skiing.
Thank you,
Scott
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trail to Becks?

Johnnyonthespot
Maybe this one? Looks like you could take the power lines of the interconnect or there's got to be a way from the ski bowl nordic area.
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7028219/becks
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Scott
The only one I know of is on the Ski Bowl side off the Schaeffer trail
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
I think in terms of "ski down" then the power line is best bet---but it does need quite a bit of snow. But you still have to figure out the cut into the woods towards the work road. The work road itself is fairly obvious when you're on it and leads direct down to Beck's near the new super-yurt. But I don't know how obvious it is from the power line to get on it.

There is some unofficial signage on the skibowl mountain bike/snowshoe trail network pointing you to Beck's. I've only seen it in passing and have yet to follow it exclusively so I can't speak as to what exact trails you've got to get on (other than Alternative). I know I've seen some down lower in elevation that I need to explore yet.

Was on the mission for summer 2018 but alas, ran out of time. Would love to have a straightforward way to get from the town hall parking lot over to Beck's. I know it can be done, just have to find it and be comfortable with it.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
In reply to this post by Scott
It is easy on a bicycle, skiing you have to know the proper tree line on the Ski Bowl side of the cross over. The last part is that shown on MTB project.