Transitioning

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transitioning

Highpeaksdrifter
Now that my beloved WF is closed I'm having a tuff time, it takes me awhile to get my mind into off season mode. It's not just the skiing, its the people and the life style I miss too...just sayin
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transitioning

ScottyJack
see you on the dirt trails man!  same town, same people, just sayin!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Totally with ya my man

Now that GP has been closed for 2 weeks (seems like 2 months) things are starting to settle in. I'm lucky that the same shitheads I ski with are the same ones I hang with in the summer.....well, except for the 2 golf pros. Don't get to see them as much as the actually have to WORK
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
It's not over yet.  Killington is still open and will be for a few more weeks.  I'm going Sunday.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
One thing that's a bummer about being a cross country skier from NJ…. all the snow remaining is a loooooong drive.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Started riding yesterday and hit some golf balls at lunch today.

I was ready for the change
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
I do believe that this may be why the previous drinking thread began . . . .
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
My body is saying it is over, but my mind and the fact that I have not put my equipment away is saying Kmart May 2,3,4 for Superstar.  

May be commuting from NC to Kmart each day so if anyone wants to hitch a ride...Message me.   I have yardwork at the NC home.    
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I went to Six Flags yesterday for the second time this season.  After that trip, I know why skiing doesn't exist to those who live near there at this time of year.  It was a cooler day, but most of the leaves are out down there and any trace of snow is long gone.  The amusement park is already open, and the beaches will start to open soon.  Who would think about skiing who saw that?  I went as a plan B to Kmart since Kmart was getting r*ined on, but Six Flags wasn't.  After looking at the webcam at Killington, I was sure I made the right choice.  I didn't have to drive 4 hours each way to get there either.  Only 2.5 hours each way.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
I guess the only good thing about being a less than 20 days a year guy is that the transition isn't that hard.  Getting to play more soccer, which I enjoy almost as much as skiing, helps ease the pain.

For those who live up there, especially working at the mountain in some capacity, it's not just a change of sport/season, it's a lifestyle adjustment to move on from weekly/daily skiing to other activities.  I just feel soooooo terrible for all you guys stuck in that boat.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
May 1st is usually the day I put up the summer header image on top of the site...just... can't... bring... myself... to... do... it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Skidds
I'd like the change more if it was instantaneous, with warm, dry trails ready to ride and golf courses already in good shape, instead of the plugged greens I've played the last couple of weeks.

I do feel a little sadness when ski season ends, but I look forward to the change. The desire to rip turns really starts tugging in Late July/August. By the time September and October come, I'm ready to rumble.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yo MC, when you gonna tell us about making the Dev Team?? I'd like to hear about it.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'll get that up soon.

But for now, it's the freakin' weekend, baby, I'm about to have me some fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
WORD
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I've been on the bike now for several weeks. Been planning hiking and camping trips. All the ski stuff is put away, but I am thinking about new boards.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.