classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tremblant closing weekend deal - road trip eh

Z
Tremblant s supposed to get 40cm wed thru Friday this week and is extending thier season to April 17.  They are doing a 50 Loonie (37 usd) ticket deal and kids ski free with a paid adult.  Hotels on the pedestrian village are going for about $80 us.

http://blogue.tremblant.ca/extend-ski-season-kids-ski-free/?webSyncID=4b220e89-e9ea-a5e1-330d-38c08e3b051d&sessionGUID=b6a0c31e-1565-8726-9628-88a9a1b0344c&_ga=1.1259569.1615870420.1459904577

I said I won't go pay to ski one trail at Killington but Tremblant is over 60% open so my son and I are going to take a road trip.  Everyone has been raving about the skiing up there this season so we are northward bound.

Let me know if anyone else is heading up there
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tremblant closing weekend deal - road trip eh

Adk Jeff
I'm going to have to take a look at that weather forecast and our weekend schedule.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Looks good to me

https://opensnow.com/location/catremblant

Long range has it sunny and in the high 40's that weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I thought you didn't like Tremblant because you thought it was flat and crowded.  .
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Lots much steeper in the photos others posted.  Might have something to do with where you skiing Sno

Based on the hotel prices and availability I don't think it's going to crowded
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Looks good to me
https://opensnow.com/location/catremblant
Long range has it sunny and in the high 40's that weekend
You thinking this weekend (4/9 - 4/10) or the following weekend?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I live over 7 hours from there, so it's out of the question for me to run up for a weekend.  The hotel we stayed in 2 weeks ago was one of the nicest I've ever been in.  Couldn't ski most of the steeps as they weren't groomed and only the groomers were open when I was there.  

One of the best things about Tremblant is that the mountain gets a lot of sun.  The North Side is actually eastern exposure and it gets the morning sun.  The South Side is actually western exposure and gets the afternoon sun.  The Soleil Side is fully South facing and gets the most sun mid day.  Edge is the same as the North Side.  For whatever reason it's very rare to find Western exposures.  Tremblant's South Side, Windham's East Peak, and Hunter's West Side are the only ones in the east.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
The deal for 50 Loonie tickets and kids ski free is for the weekend of April 16-17

My 50th birthday party is this Saturday so that is out for me

This will be perfect as it will be our last ski days of the season for sure
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
Coach--we were just up over Easter weekend. Pretty rough weather Friday and crusted over Saturday AM, but come Saturday @ noon ropes dropped on everything and it was awesome. Liftlines stunk, however.

I liked the skiing, but didn't find anything tougher than what Gore/WF offers. Longer runs than Gore were nice. LOTS of trails bumped up which was sweet. But certainly cool to stay right in ped village and meander around a bit. Overall good experience, but kids and I both agreed that we preferred skiing @ Gore/WF.

Reply | Threaded
|

jcamotts
Coach Z wrote
Lots much steeper in the photos others posted.  Might have something to do with where you skiing Sno

Based on the hotel prices and availability I don't think it's going to crowded

Was there all week last week, it was amazing. I'd say go for it, even on Easter Sunday when it was Sunny and 55 with 100% terrain there was barely a line for the gondola. They have some steep stuff, Vertige and Zig-Zag are probably the only ones worth mentioning on the South side, and there are steep bump runs on the North Side. They got a good bit of rain when I was there but it didn't affect them too much. The glades were getting pretty sketchy though.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
By next week I'd assume glades are out even though they getting a foot tonight

Should I plan on skiing rock skis or good skis?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
There is only two kinds of skis, rock skis and ones still wrapped in plastic!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
it's spring skiing, it will depend entirely on the weather that day. But with limited traffic the woods may got rotten from underneath even if there's plenty of depth. The best woods seem to be in areas that are already closed as well (monty ryan, edge), so the best skiing will probably be on the steep bump runs like vertige, zig zag.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
There use to be a guy who had a blog about Mt. Tremblant who claimed to give the true snow report and info and not the company line. He was an ex US Marine who lived there and he had some health problems. He use to post a lot about his divorce and how his ex continued to do him wrong. Tremblant regulars use to donate to his site to buy him a season's pass to keep him going. Dude wasn't boring.

Anyway I have not thought about him in years until this thread jogged my memory. I've been googling trying to see if he still has a blog, but no luck. Anyone else know who I'm referring to and if so do you know if he is still around?
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Hah, I absolutely remember that guy and his blog, hadn't thought about him in years either.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yeah the tremblant insider.com. Dude gave straight goods about conditions ,, good stuff
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
warp daddy wrote
Yeah the tremblant insider.com. Dude gave straight goods about conditions ,, good stuff
Nice Warp...the site still exist, but turns out the guy I mentioned who ran it; JB007, sold it and moved to another ski area.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

jcamotts
I think you'll be surprised. If the temps stay good until then there will be plenty enough in the trees. Most of the glades are open now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
 Next weekends forecast looks great up there. Booked a room in the walk village for three nights.  Talked wife and her sister to go to share the 7 hr driving duties. With my ski days way down this year, I feel like I need a few more. I skied those 31 trails open at Killington early season, looking for something a little better.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!