6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tuxedo Ridge, NY: 1/19/14

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 13: First time at Tuxedo Ridge was a lot of fun. Here are the rest of my pics from the day...

Base Lodge before First Tracks

On our first ride up the Tiger Lift a groomer passed under us.  Her comment: "Daddy this is once in a lifetime experience!"  Then it happened on our next two rides.

Same as it ever was

First Tracks

The coolest thing was the dynamic between the two girls.  X and I have really wanted to get our girls together for four years. If they get along and like to ski together it can only increase our ski days right?

It took less than ten minutes for the shyness to melt away and we just let them do their thing. It was awesome.

They've got a sweet little tubing operation that you can watch from the lift...

...people seemed to like it...

...but I'd rather be skiing...

Patrol Hut

Pinky and I would let the girls get way ahead and then rip our way down...

Really cool vibe, with a guy spinning discs on the deck and this guy riffin in the lodge...

Apologies for so many little girl pics.

Great day.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tuxedo Ridge, NY: 1/19/14

x10003q
A few more photos from a fun day at Tuxedo Ridge

First run on the cord

Harv chasing the girls

Top of the Race Trail

Harv and Neve

Zipping down the steep part

Chasing an airplane

Harv kicking up some powder

Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
I'll always have great memories of Tuxedo Ridge (formerly Sterling Forest Ski Center). It's where I learned to ski MANY years ago. I hadn't been there for years until four years ago when my daughter started skiing for her high school ski team. Two years ago, I skied there myself with my son and a couple of his friends.

"Neighborhood" ski areas are, in my opinion, the "life-blood" of the ski industry. It's sad to see so many of them close. I'm really glad they were able to resurrect Sterling Forest and I hope they're able to keep it open.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Face4Me wrote
I'll always have great memories of Tuxedo Ridge (formerly Sterling Forest Ski Center). It's where I learned to ski MANY years ago. I hadn't been there for years until four years ago when my daughter started skiing for her high school ski team. Two years ago, I skied there myself with my son and a couple of his friends.

"Neighborhood" ski areas are, in my opinion, the "life-blood" of the ski industry. It's sad to see so many of them close. I'm really glad they were able to resurrect Sterling Forest and I hope they're able to keep it open.
Face4Me your story is not unique.  This hill has a jammed bunny slope and relatively wide open main hill.

The cool thing is Jim Mezzetti, the new owner, is committed and TOTALLY jazzed about bring Tuxedo back.  He's spent a bundle already, he's got plans to do much more, and he's doing it all with a gleam in his eye.

Look for the Bowl Lift to make it's return next season.

I REALLY liked him and NYSB will be supporting him in any way we can.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
They are and it is very sad to see them close.  This region lost Hidden Valley this season and it will probably never re-open.  I learned to ski there and am so sad that it closed.  Hopefully Mount Peter and Tuxedo Ridge are in business for many years to come.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Look for the Bowl Lift to make it's return next season.
I was wondering if that thing even worked anymore.  If it does I may have to check it out.  It hasn't operated since 09-10.
I've lived in New York my entire life.