Twister glades

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Twister glades

CPTele
Were Twister glades open much this season? It seems like every day I skied Gore they were closed. Even on days with every other glade open, twister glades was not.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Twister glades

Footer
I ran them a few times this year.  They are rather rocky so they tend to only open if there is killer coverage.  
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Made it through there once and agree, many days I went it was not open and Cirque Glades, I never saw that open from the Sagamore side.
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowSnake
Good question, I don't think I was there once this year when the rope was down.  A few of the days they were marked as open on the trail report but the rope stayed up.  I skied them anyways and found the coverage pretty darn good.  I now actually prefer when Gore keeps the ropes up, makes the snow hold up better for those willing to duck the rope.  
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
Pretty sure Cirque open from Sagamore side at least once as I recall cutting in that way. Legally.

Yeah--weird year for Twister. Usually one of the more reliable for opening, but certainly not this year. Single digit days maybe? Think I ran them twice this year and coverage definitely spotty. Also amazed at the amount of growth in there.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I can confirm that yes, Cirque was open from the Sagamore side at least twice this year.

I also skied Twister glades this year when it was open, but coverage wasn't great.

There definitely hasn't been enough maintenance in a lot of Gore's glades. Just another one of those things that isn't in the budget I guess...
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
I had to laugh when Gore offered as a perk to season pass holders the opportunity to help with trail cleaning and maintenance with cutting new glades.  

Sheesh!  

You would think if there were budget issues they would welcome any free labor, season pass or no.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I wish we could come up with some kind of solution to the glade thing.

I thought about a GoFundMe kind of thing to put some money in Charlie's pocket but I just don't see how that would work.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Got to spend money to make money.      Do what Hickory does....but that too could be a legal matter, with work comp issues etc.      Pay for work brings the government into life, which causes all kinds of problems.  

Offer free tickets
Prepare food, fun for kids while dads work.
Campfires-camp outs.
Free close parking passes
100 access to slides, open or not.  LOL.    

I do find it funny that they "allow" pass holders the ability to help.    Like there are mass hords of people trying to help and they somehow need to limit or filter them.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I wish we could come up with some kind of solution to the glade thing.

I thought about a GoFundMe kind of thing to put some money in Charlie's pocket but I just don't see how that would work.
They need to create a Woods  #1 position and let him do his thing. In couple yrs things are gonna be thick,some lines unskiable already. Recognition is more of the issue,tho money does always matter. The possibilities that still available are amazing.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
freeheeln wrote
The possibilities that still available are amazing.
Yep.