CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two recent Blog entries

Highpeaksdrifter
DackerDan wrote
 My only negative comment is the choice of pictures, instead of a pic of Saddleback, some pictures from Lyon would have been better.
Probably wanted to put in a picture with RonKon in it…the man, the myth, the legend
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HPD, is that the same Ron you introduced me to a couple years ago---he seemed like one cool cat
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
campgottagopee wrote
HPD, is that the same Ron you introduced me to a couple years ago---he seemed like one cool cat
If he was about 6' 1" ...late 50's...grey pony tail and always has a hat on...then that's the guy. He's also a low talker so you really have to listen when he speaks.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I agree that the piece on the Greek Peak press conference was really excellent work.  It was written by a well-placed source in Central NY. I'm grateful for the contribution.

The choice of image for the backcountry skiing piece was something I struggled with.  Obviously the simplest thing would have been to use the same image that AA used. It's Ron Kon, it was taken on Lyon and Ron was fine with us using it.

The biggest problem with the image we used has nothing to do with the fact that it wasn't taken on Lyon. Lyon is just a specific instance that is bringing this issue to the fore. The real problem with image is that it was taken above tree line.  It creates a misleading impression about what Ron want to accomplish. I may swap out the image with the image from AA after the piece after it falls off the front page.

It's often hard to find good photos that you have rights to use. If you want to be legit you've got to have permission for every image you use.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
campgottagopee wrote
If he was about 6' 1" ...late 50's...grey pony tail and always has a hat on...then that's the guy. He's also a low talker so you really have to listen when he speaks.
yep