Update on the Connection and Ski Bowl

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Update on the Connection and Ski Bowl

adkskier
Inside report is that snow making was only installed on one trail off the new Hudson lift rather than the three that were planned. Also no snow making on the pipeline trail that connects from the bottom of the North Quad to the Ski Bowl and Burnt Ridge. Look for minimal operation of that new lift this season. Maybe President's week if we get enough natural snow.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Update on the Connection and Ski Bowl

Harvey
Administrator
When I was checking out Gore in July, I saw plumbing in various stages of installation on Oak Ridge, Peaceful Valley and Eagle’s Nest.

What I gathered at that time was that those trails (OR, PV, EN) were very likely to have snowmaking this season and there was an outside shot at the possibility of 46er coming online.

My info says that has come to pass -  working pipes on Oak Ridge, Peaceful Valley and Eagles Nest.  I'm pretty sure Pipeline wasn't planned for this year.

Snowmaking on 46er and further efficiency improvements are the priorities for next year.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
JMP
Reply | Threaded
|

JMP
I think you hit it on the head Harvey. I would expect that lift to be running between 10 and 20 days this year. The most being during presidents week. I hope I'm wrong but that is my gut feeling. We all know it will not be ready for Christmas week, they still have too much to cover. Mother nature will be the one who dictates.
T'was the night before Christmas, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

"The Dog Pooped"
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Wouldn't it makes sense to be blowing snow in the bowl now with the low temps? From what I recall Mike Pratt was saying that the ski bowl had a completely independent system and it would be possible to make snow at the ski bowl without impacting snow making on the main mountain.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

zach
 The ski bowl only has a water supply, which means all of the guns must have an onboard air compressor. All of the polecat fan guns do have compressors and tom you are absolutely correct, the snowmaking in the ski bowl has very little effect. However, the snowmakers must bring the guns down to the SB and use up time there that they would on the main mtn. Normally they have it open for xmas week so operations should begin soon on the tubing hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
In reply to this post by TomCat
I think that you'll see the tubing park open for Christmas. Maybe the Village Chair, but that may be a stretch given the current operating budget.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
The Ski Bowl and tubing park will open 12/26 as usual. There is a super pole cat at the ski bowl now, and will be fired up this weekend. With the weather we are having, it won't be a problem to get it up and going.
The Hudson Triple is basically ready to go now; the maintenance guys are putting the chair numbers on, along with the foot rail bumpers, the rest is done, and it passed the NYS inspection last week.
Gotta go to know