The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Park City Mountain Resort is Now Epic

Harvey
Administrator
Park City Mountain Resort is Now Epic

Park City Mountain Resort now featured on the Epic Pass with Vail Resorts’ acquisition of the iconic mountain resort
Epic Pass now features 22 of the world’s most iconic mountains and more than 32,000 acres of skiing and riding
BROOMFIELD, Colo.—Sept. 11, 2014—Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today announced that with the Company’s acquisition of Park City Mountain Resort (PCMR) in Park City, Utah, the iconic mountain resort now joins the Epic Pass, expanding the collection of legendary mountains offered on the industry-leading season pass to 22 resorts and more than 32,000 acres of the best skiing and riding in the world.

“Park City Mountain Resort is one of the most iconic mountain resorts in the world and as the newest addition to the Vail Resorts collection of world-class mountains, it’s now epic. We’re thrilled to be able to offer unlimited skiing and riding at Park City Mountain Resort on the Epic Pass for the 2014-15 winter season,” said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. “We continue to provide even greater value and variety in skiing and riding with the Epic Pass and significantly invest in the guest experience at our mountain resorts, including new chairlifts, on-mountain dining options and innovative snowmaking expansions for the coming winter.”

The 2014-15 Epic Pass features unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons in Park City, Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood at Lake Tahoe; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Furthermore, Epic Pass holders have the opportunity to extend their skiing and riding adventures globally with up to five consecutive free days (when booking in-resort lodging) at the renowned mountain resorts of Les 3 Vallées, France (Courchevel, La Tania, Méribel, Brides-les-Bains, Les Menuires, Saint Martin de Belleville, Val Thorens and Orelle) and Verbier, Switzerland, and five consecutive free days at Niseko United, Japan. Vail Resorts is offering the industry’s best-selling season pass at $749 for adults and $389 for children (ages 5-12), but these prices are only guaranteed for a limited time.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Park City Mountain Resort is Now Epic

Benny Profane
Well, that's finally settled. Hmmmm.....I have the Epic pass, and the Mountain Collective for the season. Utah just got cheap.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Benny Profane wrote
Well, that's finally settled. Hmmmm.....I have the Epic pass, and the Mountain Collective for the season. Utah just got cheap.
IMHO, if you're not local and you're going to Utah, its well worth the (extra) money to ski LCC, even if I had an epic pass.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
wow, game over.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This was inevitable.  The biggest paperwork mistake in the history of the ski biz for PCMR.  They had to sell as they were not going to win the legal battle.  It was like the Borg resistance was futile.

I hate PC but this is a good thing for all particularly if you have an Epic pass.  You have to wonder when the Vail Borg will start assimilating Eastern Resorts

plus I didn't want to see the PC masses in LCC when we go there this winter.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
"You have to wonder when the Vail Borg will start assimilating Eastern Resorts "

Yeah, what's up with that? You would think that they would have bought an eastern hill by now.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
...They're waiting for NYS to change the law and buy WFM, LOL. Not quite. Always heard LP/WFM area would eventually become the Aspen of the East. Doub't this will happen in my lifetime, and I've got a ways to go yet, IMHO.
BTW..My best friend lives in PC and works for Delta, so I have the best of both worlds. He was a hot air balloon pilot and owned his own baloon for years. Can you spell b-a-r-t-e-r ? The grass was green no matter which way I turned, literally.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
In reply to this post by Z
Bad memories of the April Fool's joke citing Vail bought out ORDA resorts.    

That got me for sure.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vail Resorts Acquires Park City

Harvey
Administrator
Vail Resorts Names Bill Rock, Chief Operating Officer of Northstar California Resort and Industry Veteran, to Oversee Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Resort

Vail Resorts promotes Beth Howard to be General Manager of Northstar California Resort

BROOMFIELD, Colo. – Oct. 9, 2014 – Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today announced the appointment of Bill Rock, the current chief operating officer of Northstar California Resort, as the new chief operating officer of Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Resort, effective November 1, 2014.

Rock joined Vail Resorts in 2010 as the chief operating officer at Northstar California Resort and, at that time, was also given oversight of Heavenly and Kirkwood mountains. Rock came to Vail Resorts from Intrawest's Snowshoe Mountain Resort in West Virginia, where he was president and chief operating officer since 2005. He also served as chief operating officer at Durango Mountain Resort in southwestern Colorado and, prior to that, held several ski industry leadership positions since 1996. Rock was a lieutenant in the U.S. Army from 1987-1990 and he received his bachelor's degree from Clemson University in 1987.

“Bill brings nearly 20 years of experience in the mountain resort industry, including mountain operations, lodging, real estate development, association management, municipal services and commercial real estate that will be invaluable to our operations at Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Resort," said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer of Vail Resorts. “Bill was instrumental in our integration of Northstar in 2010, including overseeing a $30 million capital program and building cultural and community engagement and alignment. He has an outstanding leadership track record and a deep understanding of how to elevate the guest experience in close collaboration with our employees that will benefit all of our stakeholders in the Park City community."

Rock will report to Blaise Carrig, president of Vail Resorts’ mountain division, who will step down as interim leader of Park City Mountain Resort. Mike Goar, the current general manager of Canyons Resort and a 30-plus year industry veteran, will continue his oversight of the resort and report directly to Rock.

Simultaneous to Rock’s move to Park City, Vail Resorts announced that it has promoted Beth Howard, vice president of mountain dining and clubs, to be general manager of Northstar California Resort, also effective November 1, 2014.

Howard began her career with Vail Resorts in 1985 as a college intern at Beaver Creek, which led to a 30-year career with the company. In 2010, Beth was promoted to vice president of mountain dining and clubs where she has had operational oversight of mountain dining across all of the company's resorts, including more than 100 restaurants and eight private mountain and golf clubs.

“Beth established herself as one of our most critical leaders, helping to design and deliver the outstanding guest experience at Beaver Creek for over 22 years. She built on that expertise by taking over leadership of mountain dining and clubs for both Vail and Beaver Creek and then ultimately for our whole company,” said Katz. “Beth will be able to leverage these successes and her strong leadership as she works with our entire Northstar team to continue to elevate the guest experience at the resort.”
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp