classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vermont Has Snow

tBatt
And Lot's of it!
I should've gone to UVM... this Buffalo thing is killing me.

FIS' TR - VTah

Teaser shots:

I'm sorry.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vermont Has Snow

Condor
skied waist deep at killington yestarday:) but im short so maybe knee deep for others but still, it was blower pow. hahaha
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by tBatt
Ugh.

I've been trying to avoid reading about it.  With these short days, it's hard enough to get up and go to work as it is . . .

More about this tomorrow . . .
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Keith
A friend that lives up near Nebraska Notch posted on FB that she shoveled 2 feet day before yesterday and woke up yesterday to another foot!

Arrrrggh!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Sorry guys but those pics have me stoked! I'll be skiing at Jay on Tuesday/Wednesday coming up. Not excited about about Jason's prediction of "brutally cold" but I'm thinking the snow will be good. And what is a day at Jay Peak without a frostbite check?

If any Harvey Roaders make the drive, look for a greybearded dude on Prophet 100s with a Smith Variant Brim helmet sporting stickers that say "use your head." I will be sticking to the groomers as this will be my first ski outing since ACL surgery.

Stay tuned to the RJPSR for a full report later next week.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Seems like almost everybody got measureable snow.

Condor... where are the pics?

Sick Bird Rider ... time for a new avatar?  I'm diggin the old one... but is it time for a change?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey44 wrote
 ... time for a new avatar?  I'm diggin the old one... but is it time for a change?
I suppose you are correct, as I have not played up the gimp factor for some time. And that chair now has a foot of snow on it!

Will work on suitable avatar replacement image this week.

If anyone needs that velcro splinty thing I am wearing in that photo, let me know.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Adk Keith
Syracuse area has ridiculous amounts as well.

If I remember correctly, this window as about a foot above the deck. Probably close to 3-3.5 feet on there.
Crappy picture, but here's his car.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Poor Gore, an island in an ocean of snow, very closely surrounded by areas that get tons more snow, east, west, south, and north.

We got jipped Homies.

If only the lake effect, the n'oreasters, the vermont, or the topographic snowfall of Jay, were to grace our area.

Where's the justice?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Of course you are right SB.

This is not a new concept:

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2010/01/gore-snow-shadow.html

Jamesdeluxe and I were talking about this last night.

His comment..."I'm amazed you squeeze out an annual average of 150."  

It's mostly synoptic, vs lake effect or upslope.

Gore lovers are a hearty breed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
no pics:( i was to damn excited to take my camera out. hahaha. it didnt last long thought, 40mph wind gusts sent it all into the air or covered the rocks in the woods. but first run was pretty awesome. i do have a video from later in the day ill try and get up tonight if i remember.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by tBatt
But a lot of that snow is somewhere else. Maybe the Atlantic Ocean by now.

I was at Jay peak the last two days, skiing was fast, fun and cold. Upper mountain lifts on wind hold, limited terrain open. Not powdery, although some were hiking to the goods. A few pics and a brief rant on snow reporting can be fond here. Detailed essay coming later.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
I had the opportunity to ski at Stratton yesterday.  Ordinarily Stratton's not my cup of tea - shi-shi base village, rather uninteresting terrain - but I have to say that the skiing was quite good and I had a great day.  And yes, Vermont has snow:  not the waist-deep fluff that No Vt got last week, but enough for some soft turns.  More pics and a short TR here.  Back at Gore this weekend.