13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vermont Travel Club Card 2014-2015

ml242
http://www.vermonttravelclub.com/

$49 regularly, but save $10 for the rest of today with the code 1031treat

Deals vary, but one day at $towe just about pays for the whole thing.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vermont Travel Club Card 2014-2015

frk
thanks for the heads-up. what a great deal.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Thanks, we are buying 3 right now for my entire family and are going to Stowe for President's day and going to Okemo to hit another new mountain.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
There ya go. Now scrap Okemo and hit Smuggs and you're really onto something.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
ml242 wrote
Stowe should be awesome if I can go.  Smuggler's Notch, not so much.  Why should I patronize a mountain with a sub-par lift system when Stowe, Okemo, Stratton, and Mount Snow have a great lift system.  If it is between sitting on an old cramped double chair for 20+ minutes, or riding a newer, faster, and more comfortable detachable, I will go to the place with the high speed lift each and every time.

I may end up at Okemo for President's day anyway because going to Stowe requires 3 nights in a hotel (or loosing a good portion of the second day) because it is 5 and a half hours away, Okemo is less than 4 hours away.  Stowe is still the first choice though.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

hmm i forget why Smugglers Notch is so awesome, you convinced me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
ml242 wrote
 If it is between sitting on an old cramped double chair for 20+ minutes, or riding a newer, faster, and more comfortable detachable, I will go to the place with the high speed lift each and every time.
Except it is presidents weekend at Okemo... your going to spend more time standing in line then skiing anyway.  Go further north where less flat landers go.  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
So how crowded is Stowe on a busy weekend?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote

hmm i forget why Smugglers Notch is so awesome, you convinced me.
Boom

Smuggs is cool. Obviously it's not for everyone but it sure is for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
This post was updated on .
snoloco wrote
Smuggler's Notch, not so much.  Why should I patronize a mountain with a sub-par lift system when Stowe, Okemo, Stratton, and Mount Snow have a great lift system.  If it is between sitting on an old cramped double chair for 20+ minutes, or riding a newer, faster, and more comfortable detachable, I will go to the place with the high speed lift each and every time.
This is just insane.  You could tear out all the lifts at Smuggler's Notch and it would still be 100 times better than Okemo, Stratton or Mount Snow.  This is not something that anyone who knows anything about anything would ever question. Who fucking cares about chairlifts?  This kid is so fucking weird.  Everything he posts is completely wrong.  Everything.

Heard this on the Writer's Almanac on the way in this morning.  Seems apropos:

"Queenan's advice to aspiring writers is, "Don't write until you're 25. Don't write for the high school yearbook. Don't write for the college literary magazine. Don't write that stuff — you never had any experiences, you don't know anything, just shut up.""

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
It's easy to have irrational opinions when you aren't footing the bill.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
snoloco wrote
Stowe should be awesome if I can go.  Smuggler's Notch, not so much.  Why should I patronize a mountain with a sub-par lift system when Stowe, Okemo, Stratton, and Mount Snow have a great lift system.
Why? Well, why do so many of us prefer Smuggs over Stowe, Okemo, Stratton, and Mount Snow? There must be a reason. And the reason is simply this... Smuggs is awesome.

I'll take a slow ride up Smuggs M1 over a fast ride up Stowe's Forerunner any day of the week. What would cause someone to feel that way, you ask? Well... you should ask... at least yourself, there must be a good reason, right?

It is all subjective, everyone has their preferences. But it sounds like you are dismissing a mountain out of hand for superficial reasons without any experience having skied said mountain. If you are too good for a fixed grip, more power to you. But you are missing out...
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Some of us here are old enough to have raised teenagers and still live to tell about it.
At this age they think they know everything and don't want to listen to the advice of adults.
Be lucky you are not their parents, not only would they not listen but they would do it with an attitude, at least with other adults they just dismiss the advice without the attitude (at least the ones that are not juvenile delinquents).  

One can only hope that they make wise choices that are even based on half the knowledge that they think they have.

Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.