Vibram resole on Tele boots

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vibram resole on Tele boots

wrooper
I happened on this forum when searching for vibram soles/service for my old Asolo Extremes.
An old post suggested two shops in Bennington and a shop in Glens Falls. None of those shops indicated that the replacement soles were available [and at least one was quite rude about it]
Merrill's Shoe Repair in Glens falls did indicate they would do the resole if I could locate the replacement soles. His distributor did not stock them.
I contacted Vibram and they indicated that only one distributor in the US buys this particular sole [Vibram Ferret or #1015 Telemark sole],Southern Leather in Denver CO.
One phone call and they are on the way to me for $21/pair.
I realize there are services including Doug's and Rocky Mtn. but with roundtrip shipping and $70-$125 for service that option was out of my budget.
Just posting for the future reference of other folks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vibram resole on Tele boots

Darkside Shaman
The Cobbler and Cordwainer down in New Rochelle used to do Tele resoles. Here is the link, http://www.cobcord.com/

Good luck!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
In reply to this post by wrooper
wrooper wrote
I happened on this forum when searching for vibram soles/service for my old Asolo Extremes.
An old post suggested two shops in Bennington and a shop in Glens Falls. None of those shops indicated that the replacement soles were available [and at least one was quite rude about it]
Merrill's Shoe Repair in Glens falls did indicate they would do the resole if I could locate the replacement soles. His distributor did not stock them.
I contacted Vibram and they indicated that only one distributor in the US buys this particular sole [Vibram Ferret or #1015 Telemark sole],Southern Leather in Denver CO.
One phone call and they are on the way to me for $21/pair.
I realize there are services including Doug's and Rocky Mtn. but with roundtrip shipping and $70-$125 for service that option was out of my budget.
Just posting for the future reference of other folks
That's a great price on the soles. Any idea how much Merrills' would charge for the actual resole procedure?
Reply | Threaded
|

wrooper
Don't know yet,the soles arrived to day. I would guess around $50. There is not much to it,contact {Barge} cement and trimming to fit. I may try to do it myself
Reply | Threaded
|

wrooper
BTW The Cobbler [link above] indicates on his site that he no longer does repairs for climbing shoes. Not sure what that means for tele but vibram said that nobody in the east buys the tele sole
Reply | Threaded
|

wrooper
Opened my tele sole package this morning and disappointed to be charged $20 for shipping. Package could have gone USPS 3 days faster for around $7. One of my pet peeves is companies that use shipping to profit.....