Video Editing?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Video Editing?

gorgonzola
I'm not much of a videographer (or even a photographer for that matter!) but my son recently bought a GoPro and wants to put together an edit of our Easter Utah trip... what do you guys use to edit?

Figured I'd ask since there's some pretty talented folks on here!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Video Editing?

tBatt
Adobe Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro are the pro's choice, but have a steep learning curve.

Just use Windows Movie Maker or iMovie. They'll get the job done.

Skip the cheesy transitions and longer-than-the-movie-itself intros

Have fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Try Wondershare Filmora, it's a free open source editing package that is very easy to use and has a lot of features.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

takeahike46er
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
iMovie is sufficient for basic editing.

Final Cut X is a good step up from iMovie. It can let you dive into some basic coloring--provided you've shot your video with ProTune turned on. You can take advantage of some image stabilization features which are handy considering the lack of optical stabilization in GoPro. You can also do things like record at a higher frame rate (say 60 fps) and play it back half speed (provided your project is in 30 fps). If none of that makes any sense or you have no desire to understand how to take advantage of these features, then iMovie is sufficient. :)

I use AVID on a daily basis. It's the gold standard for multi-camera editing, but for basic tasks you cant's go wrong with iMovie, Premier, or Final Cut.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
I've used both iMovie and Adobe Premiere Elements.  I'm not great with these kind of applications, both had a stiff learning curve.  But they both did what I needed.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
Yeah, just use the generic movie making software that came with your computer. No reason to go crazy buying software unless you want to move from making mediocre movies that nobody cares about to mediocre movies that nobody cares about with better transitions and title sequences.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
haha thanks guys!

the interwebz needs nore POV
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
I got tired of waiting for my son so I downloaded moviemaker and put together my first ski video effort. It's no skiRay  but I'm pretty pleased. Now if I could only embed from iphone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiOVvnlTxGA&sns=em
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Gorgo's vid:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
second attempt, jr and I at MRG back in March

https://youtu.be/ylUNZvVWeTM

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Very cool. I like the music you put on it too. I need to find some editing software that’s easy to use on an iPad.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Brownski wrote
Very cool. I like the music you put on it too. I need to find some editing software that’s easy to use on an iPad.
iMovie? It’s real easy to use.