Voile Charger Bc mounting...paging Darkside Shaman

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Voile Charger Bc mounting...paging Darkside Shaman

Telemark Dave
........Had to start a new thread to get your attention.....

In my over ANALytical engineering mind there's always a way to improve or potentially f-up everything....
Soooooo........should I mount using the provided boot center (note the American spelling of centre...)?    A quick search using the TGR Jong search engine left me with lots of typical TGR responses...ranging from better to go back of boot center given the skis intent, to +1 ahead.  

What typically happens is I get so caught up in trying to overthink this somewhat non issue that I end up eyeballing it so it looks "right".    I usually don't have many complaints once I'm out skiing.   Funny about that....

But either way, any and all opinions are welcome.  

thanks

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Voile Charger Bc mounting...paging Darkside Shaman

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
I'm of the opinion that skis are designed to be skied boot center on the line. That's why they put the line there.

I would put it anywhere from there to -1 if you love flotation or whatever, but I don't think flotation will be an issue with the Charger. If they were my skis, I'd mount em on the line.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Harvey
I guess by soliciting "any and all opinions"... I left myself open for that response from you Harv....

I'll make sure I document the ordeal.    I either need to find a new wide opening vise and do a total DIY job like I usually do, or I'll go visit my local shop and "borrow" some bench time.  I think they still owe me from last time I did a pine tar job on a customers old woodies.....it was an easy way to bank bench time credit.

TD

P.S.   Not that there's any need for speed, the snow here is only up to our edges......
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I'm of the opinion that skis are designed to be skied boot center on the line. That's why they put the line there.

I would put it anywhere from there to -1 if you love flotation or whatever, but I don't think flotation will be an issue with the Charger. If they were my skis, I'd mount em on the line.

Yeah,  I tend to  agree, but thought it best to get my daily affirmation.   I mounted my Elan Boomerangs on the line, but they are quite different in both rocker profile and overall flex.    The Chargers seem to be pretty stiff in the tail.
I'll split the difference between boot center and boot centre.  

Thanks Matt.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
I guess by soliciting "any and all opinions"... I left myself open for that response from you Harv....

I'll make sure I document the ordeal.
I want to see the bases!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Harvey wrote
Telemark Dave wrote

I'll make sure I document the ordeal.
I want to see the bases!

I guess you hadn't seen this pic from the other thread...

I'll take a better one and post it as soon as possible.

TD

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
recommended line.

you can always put in a few more holes if you want to change the feel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
ml242 wrote
recommended line.

you can always put in a few more holes if you want to change the feel.
My thoughts exactly.   That, and practice makes perfect.....

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier . I agree with MC2, as I mounted mine on the boot center line. I remember lining the chargers up with others in my quiver and thinking, wow they looked to be mounted much further back than the others. But after some research, skis with a lot of rocker ski better that way. And they do rip so I guess that is why they put the line where it is
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Thanks Darkside....

Yeah, even compared to my Boomerangs - which are the same length plus or minus a bit, the line looks kinda' aft.  
But the Boomerang is a quasi twin tip, and it has a bit less tip rocker with more tail rocker.  So the line on the
Chargers makes sense using the Boom as a comparison.  And, as suggested, I can always move the bindings if I'm not happy.  

Thanks everyone for the collective input.   Now I'd just like some collective snow.

TD