Voile V6 BC & Fritshci Vipec 12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Voile V6 BC & Fritshci Vipec 12

PeeTex
Bought this rig earlier in the season, had it out for the first time today. The V6's are the most well handling ski I have had in an AT rig. The Vipecs are a joy. I have just one problem with them. Had to cross a stream that was still a little open and one ski went in. The toe piece iced up and refused to completely lock open. I was able to make it work but it was annoying. The 1/3 fish scale worked very well. I was able to climb moderate grades with them and only had to side step in a few places - much better than putting skins on and off or struggling with a herringbone. The snow conditions were still a little crusty with about 3" of fluff on top so I really did not get a feel for their deep snow performance but I am sure they will be fine. I did hit some icy patches and the edge hold seemed fine. This will now be my go-2 touring ski and can't wait to take them up a few slides.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Voile V6 BC & Fritshci Vipec 12

ScottyJack
I don't think bindings are manufactured for underwater use.  Sounds like operator error to me.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
when crossing streams I generally take some time to push snow into the stream and gently pack it in to build myself a snow bridge.  Getting wet skis is not in your best interest.  

At least you were smart enough to figure out which AT binding company is now  the best!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ScottyJack wrote
Such a classic combo.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
yeah that may be the way I respond to PeeHead from this point forward!  Cause Im so mature!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Truly was operator error, thought I could make it the first time but my ski didn't hold the bank when I tried to side step over the first crossing and on the second I thought the ice layer was strong enough to hold but nope. These things happen in the BC but this is the first time (binding) I have had that didn't come right back after being worked a few times. So from that I will make sure I keep them dry.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Take the time to push the snow in bro. Better to be deliberant than malfunctioning ....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Really would not have worked, I should have clicked out and walked across
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Well getting water in the boot toe holes is not recommended either. I could suggest some professional guides to assist you.  Dont want my rangers friends to have come get you.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
ScottyJack wrote
Well getting water in the boot toe holes is not recommended either. I could suggest some professional guides to assist you.  Dont want my rangers friends to have come get you.
You make a lot of assumptions as to the depth and width, these were easily jumpable and shallow as well. You should really work on your fact finding skills and not succumb to fake news there ScottyQuack
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
so you are saying you that you submerged your skis and bindings on an easily jumpable and shallow brook?  

Do you carry a personal rescue beacon device?  If not maybe you should....  hahahahhahahahha  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
ScottyJack wrote
Do you carry a personal rescue beacon device?  If not maybe you should....  hahahahhahahahha  
In fact, in the BC I do! Sometimes it's a SPOT, the wife makes me take my "dog collar" when I am in the woods alone, I also carry a radio programmed with various rescue group freqs and a cell phone. I can understand where you might not because no one would give a fuck if you got hurt and couldn't make it out
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex