Volkl RTM 84

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Volkl RTM 84

Gunny J
  I demoed the 2013 volkl rtm 84 and they were an awesome ride. I tried them however on nice soft snow. Anyone tried them on hardpack. I really wanted to try them in harder snow conditions but the demo was on Sunday when temps were above freezing with sun.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Volkl RTM 84

Condor
its a great ski on hard pack. one of the smoother turning skis ive been on. very easy to throw around, and pivots well on steeper pitches due to the full rocker. when skiing edge to edge its very damp feeling and always seems planted on the snow. my only gripe is that its too damp, doesnt have a lot of "pop" out of the turn due to the lack of camber. but thats a small one at that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Anyone compare these to the Rossi Pursuit, 82 width, for 80% of Gore conditions?  Not the powder/soft days.   Do they ski similar?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Condor
Condor...how about giving a compare and contrast with the Volkl and the Nordica Firearrow 84.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
also try the blizzard 8.5/8.7. it's essentially a volkl 84. blizzard hired a bunch of volkl engineers/techs who turned out almost identical product line.  i skied this past weekend on the great groomer conditions a nd found it superb. it's cheap online.