WF Weather this week

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WF Weather this week

ADmiKe
So what's going to happen this week weatherwise? Typical doom and gloom on weather.com(Ra*n, ra*n/snow, 40s).  Weather.gov forecast for 3800ft looking more promising, temps staying in the 30s, maybe some snow?? Lional Hutz on FIS hinting at keeping an eye on things in the ADK and VT!?

It's all over the place...

Bottom line is, I just got back from UT, got 2 ft while I was out there, awesome aside from some new core shots, and I don't wan't to give up skiing WF for the season.

I'm supposed to ski SUN-MON coming up...are the goods going to be delivered this week?(or at least not ra*n?), or is this season about to come to a quick end.

FEB 21st and I can't beleive I'm even writing a post like this....

-Mike
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: WF Weather this week

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
sun and monday should be fine..
this coming friday, that's the problem..could be total mixed bag..hope that helps

in 3 months this winter will be a distant memory..  
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Any hope at ALL of it snowing Friday? At least at elevation? Fearing the thaw thurs/fri/sat followed by freeze sun-mon...
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
maybe at elevation..but what elevation..3800 is basically useless, for the ski area
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

skisheep
Well the latest GFS shows some hope for friday. Euro model still looking yucky but a glimmer of hope still stands

-skisheep
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Today's forecasts looking more promising, especially over at FIS...hoping for good outcome. Plan to head up Saturday night....will be standing by to pull the trigger. Better get my new boots set up on my skis.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Local weather dropped the temp for Friday by 10 degrees from just yesterday's forecast! Calling for good possibility for all snow!  Several inches....  

Boy that would be great!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
looks like things have changed for the better..it's about time..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Whoa!  LH is calling for 8-16!!  Now that's something to  about!!!

We get 16 and WF will be supreme!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Presently snowing hard!  I got a feeling we're in for it!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
Just turned from rain to huge snow flakes at 1200 feet - may be dumping up high
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
WF reporting 10" at the top on  their facebook!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yep and so is Titus reporting ten inches ----------------yee haa
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
YES!!!!!  Sunday, sunny after storm passes and I show up. Perfect timing!

Hoping for 6-12 more tomorrow!!

Slides late March?  Ha, that would be nice....
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I<3ADK wrote
Slides late March?
We can dream.  I'm going to.... Mmmmmm...
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
We got over 10-inches on what was predicated for 3-6!  I skinned and I'm soo glad I did.  We went to the top of Middle Mac and the snow was awesome.  An easy average of 8-12-inches.  Patrol buddy Nate meet us at mid and he said 16-inches on Upper Northway.  I betcha upper mtn especially skiers right on Cloudspin is holding pockets of 20-30 inches!

We get the 12-16 4casted next Slides will be skied this weekend!!  (Not offically) but they will be skied!!

Things are shaping up for a real good, as in really good end run of the season...  I see mid third week of April in our future!!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
even if we have snow I'd be really suprised if Orda decided to go beyond the weekend after easter this year.  The local schools are out thru the 15th so I'm predicting the that is the max date for closing
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
We got over 10-inches on what was predicated for 3-6!  I skinned and I'm soo glad I did.  We went to the top of Middle Mac and the snow was awesome.  An easy average of 8-12-inches.  Patrol buddy Nate meet us at mid and he said 16-inches on Upper Northway.  I betcha upper mtn especially skiers right on Cloudspin is holding pockets of 20-30 inches!

We get the 12-16 4casted next Slides will be skied this weekend!!  (Not offically) but they will be skied!!

Things are shaping up for a real good, as in really good end run of the season...  I see mid third week of April in our future!!!
I don't know about 20-30, but there was a lot of snow up top. Unbelievable morning on Upper Sky and Cloudspin. Empire opened and skied great, and we dropped into Cloudsplitter Glades from Approach. Tons of snow in there and lots of untracked lines. I'd post some pictures, but I don't want to be self-obsessed!

The rope to the glades was down on the Empire side, but not on the Northway side. With more snow, they should be open from both sides for sure, and probably Sugar Valley too!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Why is it that WF always seems to get missed(or alot less) in these major storms? Skied WF this weekend, and while it was awesome, I was surprised to not see as much snow on the ground as I expected. Most stuff was groomed, and the signs of a major snow storm seemed to be lacking a bit. I've been reading trip reports from people who skied No. VT this weekend, and they all have pics of waist deep pow. Whiteface still had plenty of scratchy areas this weekend, and when I left on Monday afternoon, there was hardly any snow left on the side of the road on the way out. Although upper cloud had alot of nice snow in it, most parts of the mountain were blown off and the glades were pretty thin.  I just don't understand why Stowe, for example, gets so much snow(300+" yearly), while the ADK reports much less for yearly averages.  Is the Green Mtn spine really that effective at deliverign the goods? I've been a diehard WF fan my whole life, and always argue WF against VT, but it's hard to do so when the conditions are so different as what appears was the case this past weekend. I will say though that Stowe lacks vertical drop and just doesn't have the sustained steepness and run length like WF...no where in VT really does in my opinion. Just wish WF would get more snow....
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
the spine of the greens is situated in such a way that on a North /Northwest wind they get optimum orographic lift..

Hence they pick up most of their snow on the backside of the storm...
"Peace and Love"