longing for winter, for snow
Waiting
Waiting like you

‪#‎albaadventures‬
‪#‎pico‬
‪#‎picomountain‬
Editing in Sony Vegas
recorded from MotoX phone

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Waiting... Just waiting.

Harvey
Administrator
Nice Ray.

With your place at Pico, why not hit K?  Reports are positive, with 9 miles I think.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Harvey wrote
Nice Ray.

With your place at Pico, why not hit K?  Reports are positive, with 9 miles I think.
So true but, we are also waiting to see our friends there, for fresh snow, cool weather and our home mountain.

Hence, the waiting

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Great production as always.  When I read the post, it made me think of the 'waiting' pages of, "Oh, The Places You'll Go" . . . I think there is a line in there about waiting for the snow to snow.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Great clip Ray, very creative.  Can't wait to see the "It's finally here!" version.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by DomB
DomB wrote
Great production as always.  When I read the post, it made me think of the 'waiting' pages of, "Oh, The Places You'll Go" . . . I think there is a line in there about waiting for the snow to snow.
Thanks DomB..

Leveraging my better half and kids creative inputs :). Thinking of snow for sure.  65 last night in the city and people were essentially in summer clothes last night..  

What will be your home mountain this year?

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
Great clip Ray, very creative.  Can't wait to see the "It's finally here!" version.

Us too :)....   Thanks Jeff for watching the 2 minutes.  We need to get our families together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Cool urban shots!

I have an idea to do urban shots in my season edit intro. I want to illustrate the grittiness of Flagstaff, it's not like traditional "ski towns". Hopefully we get the storms for a complete edit.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
The waiting room at the Philadelphia train station always reminds me of the 1980s movie "Witness."
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Dude, that's from your phone?!?! Sick!

I really liked it -- only feedback i have is to turn the gain a bit down on the audio & lower the level a bit. Once you get that dialed in a hair more I think Warren Miller is going to put you in the chopper!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Jamesdeluxe wrote
The waiting room at the Philadelphia train station always reminds me of the 1980s movie "Witness."
You know, I didn't think of that. So true..  So true.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Dude, that's from your phone?!?! Sick!

I really liked it -- only feedback i have is to turn the gain a bit down on the audio & lower the level a bit. Once you get that dialed in a hair more I think Warren Miller is going to put you in the chopper!
Thanks ML242  I installed this better camera app that let me change the profile of my phone though can't shoot 4k off it - since its a MOTOX and is now 2 years old but, still does wonders considering its age.  As for the audio, my headphones suck and I when I was wearing them  - it sounded like I needed to raise the gain.  In the end, I noticed on playback that it was way to high.

Wishful thinking on Warren Miller! That would be awesome though I need to have you  and the NYSkiblog crew in the flick!

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by Skiray
Skiray wrote
DomB wrote
Thanks DomB.. Leveraging my better half and kids creative inputs :). Thinking of snow for sure.  65 last night in the city and people were essentially in summer clothes last night..  What will be your home mountain this year?
Hey Ray.  The mountain (a hill really) will be Shawnee in the poconos.  My parents live there so free housing.   My guy is almost 5 and girl 2.  Once my son is out of the smallest age group I may go to another place because while there are some nice things about shawnee I feel it can be dangerous for kids when they are not in a protected area.  Medium term, I am thinking Belle with a ski 3 card and longer trips o gore/wf.  We were in Carroll Gardens for 8 years but left shortly after my daughter came along.   We re on LI now near family, which is nice for a lot of things but adds 30 min to any ski travel.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Hey, I grew up skiing on Shawnee, Elk, Camelback and Montage.  Our weekend house was there. Then we would spend a few weekend up in VT and the Catskills at Windham and Hunter...

Great family mountain Shawnee.  Keeping the faith the snow comes soon.

R

AlbaAdventures.com