ScottyJack
Who is a fan?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Walking Dead

Sick Bird Rider
A lot of my friends are crazy about the show and told me I would get into it. We don't have a TV (conscious choice), so I watched an episode online. Turns out the episode I watched (season 5 premiere, you know, the one with people getting their throats slit over the oubliette) was the most graphically violent episode to date. I stuck through it and I get the appeal of the story, but I don't need imagery like that clogging up my brain.  
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
yup
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
last night was sick!  Carol is a bad ass!!   Karl too.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
season 5 premiere, you know, the one with people getting their throats slit over the oubliette) was the most graphically violent episode to date. I stuck through it and I get the appeal of the story, but I don't need imagery like that clogging up my brain.
start from the beginning.  it ramps up so you toughen up, just accept the violence for what it is..  Surviving man, just surviving!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
ScottyJack wrote
start from the beginning.  it ramps up so you toughen up, just accept the violence for what it is..  Surviving man, just surviving!  
That's exactly what the other fans told me. Not having a TV is a bit of an issue.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Who is a fan?
Big fan here of the Ricktatorship.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
last night was sick!  Carol is a bad ass!!   Karl too.
Carol is Batman!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Rick has taken some serious beatings.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
OMG!  Are you kidding me!!  

Last Sunday's episode was off the charts!  No way Glen is dead but something long term negative is gonna happen to Rick as a result of cutting his hand on that machete.  So looking forward to this coming week's show!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
How can Glen be alive? Weren't his guts being pulled out in his last scene?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Couple theories making the rounds.

First.....Nicholas fell on top of Glenn after blowing his brains out and knocking them both into the herd, and it's Nicholas' guts being chomped on.  Is it possible that Glenn, cloaked in blood and guts, avoids being bitten, and perhaps gets safely under the dumpster to wait it out?

Second theory.......and it has to do with Nicholas blowing his brains out, or not?  You see, before they climb atop the dumpster Nicholas is presumably out of bullets, indicated by a telltale 'click, click' that didn't come from Glenn's weapon.  So with no apparent reload....how does one blow their brains out (and take Glenn into the herd) if one has no bullets?  Could the demise scene have been a hallucination?

The way the scene was shot was a bit off angle, didn't look right, as if Glenn were being devoured.  For a series that does things well, why is Glenn not choking up blood if his innards are being torn about?  Most importantly, why wasn't Glenn (Steven Yeun) on the Talking Dead after his demise, as has been EVERY other important character that has died to date?

I think the 'Glenn isn't dead' theories have some traction.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
JTG4eva! wrote
Couple theories making the rounds.

Second theory.......and it has to do with Nicholas blowing his brains out, or not?  You see, before they climb atop the dumpster Nicholas is presumably out of bullets, indicated by a telltale 'click, click' that didn't come from Glenn's weapon.  So with no apparent reload....how does one blow their brains out (and take Glenn into the herd) if one has no bullets?  Could the demise scene have been a hallucination?

I think the 'Glenn isn't dead' theories have some traction.
He's def not dead.  I never thought of this second option.  I didn't catch the out of bullets click....  Very good.  

I think Glenn is gonna crawl under the dumpster and wait it out.  I hope Rick gets the RV started....  Probably gonna have to wait two weeks to find out.  Back to fenced in "Mayberry" this week, I would assume.  

Thought it was cool how they worked in the gun shots from Mayberry in this past episode.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I read it somewhere else, not my catch.....
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I don't see how Glenn gets out of this one. If he does, I hope it isn't too corny. Everyone has to get theirs sometime.

p.s. I'll save you, Maggie!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Maggie is wicked hot but her sister was hotter!  Hated when she died.  

I concur though on an escape.  But remember Glen was the guy early on always making the runs into town.  He is an escape artist.  All he has to do is slowly crawl under the dumpster.  The walkers are locked on the feed so it can be done!  No way he's a goner

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I hate to break it to you guys but Santa Clause isn't real
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
yeah, I found that out in the third grade.  

It was a discussion about honesty.  The teacher brought up "white lies" using the example of Santa Clause. How parents tell you the story of Santa until you are old enough....  I wasn't really paying attention until she mentioned Santa Clause.  I then raised my hand and asked her, "What do you mean their isn't a santa clause?  Who puts all them presents under our tree?"  

Given I had two younger brothers, my mom was pissed at that teacher and let the nuns know about!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
yeah, I found that out in the third grade.  

It was a discussion about honesty.  The teacher brought up "white lies" using the example of Santa Clause. How parents tell you the story of Santa until you are old enough....  I wasn't really paying attention until she mentioned Santa Clause.  I then raised my hand and asked her, "What do you mean their isn't a santa clause?  Who puts all them presents under our tree?"  

Given I had two younger brothers, my mom was pissed at that teacher and let the nuns know about!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by ml242
Not that the series is entirely true to the comic, but, apparently, Glenn buying it now would be a HUGE departure, given the prominent role he plays with significant elements yet to be introduced into the story.