classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Warriors on the side of the righteous!

ScottyJack
Is this awesome!

Activists protesting Shell’s Arctic aspirations dangled from the St. Johns Bridge in Portland, Ore., on Wednesday
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Warriors on the side of the righteous!

ScottyJack
they stop this from leaving port!!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
More like Eco-terrorists
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What the hell do these people do for work that they can hand around on a damn rope all day
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
campgottagopee wrote
What the hell do these people do for work that they can hand around on a damn rope all day
Drive around in their SUVs and Beamers and bitch about how everybody else is Fing up the environment.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
their job is defending the righteous from the takers!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
More like Eco-terrorists
Interesting choice of words.  Terrorism is my opinion implies violence or destruction.  What type of violence or destruction do we see with this protest?  

These people are not terrorists. They are exercising their constitutional rights.  I guess it has come to the point where if you disagree with unbridled economic growth at the expense of the environment, you are a terrorist.

I know.  Even if we disagree with something, we should all just keep our mouths shut, and let the politicians and corporations destroy things as they see fit.  It really is the patriotic thing to do... anything less would terrorism.  

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
campgottagopee wrote
their job is defending the righteous from the takers!
I hear ya, bro. I'd like to point out that I'm sure there are some hard working sum-bitches on that oil rig. Tax paying AMericans who depend on that job to feed their families.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
PeeTex wrote
More like Eco-terrorists
Interesting choice of words.  Terrorism is my opinion implies violence or destruction.  What type of violence or destruction do we see with this protest?  

These people are not terrorists. They are exercising their constitutional rights.  I guess it has come to the point where if you disagree with unbridled economic growth at the expense of the environment, you are a terrorist.

I know.  Even if we disagree with something, we should all just keep our mouths shut, and let the politicians and corporations destroy things as they see fit.  It really is the patriotic thing to do... anything less would terrorism.  
+1

I realize that the ski demographic has a lot of overlap with the conservative demographic (white, old, wealthy), but it always saddens me when I see people trying to do good and other people feeling the need to shit on them.

If you must complain, please target your anger at the people who are actually responsible for evil in this world (actual terrorists, corrupt police forces, crony capitalists, con artists, etc.) and not common citizens just trying to live meaningful lives.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote

+1

I realize that the ski demographic has a lot of overlap with the conservative demographic (white, old, wealthy), but it always saddens me when I see people trying to do good and other people feeling the need to shit on them.

If you must complain, please target your anger at the people who are actually responsible for evil in this world (actual terrorists, corrupt police forces, crony capitalists, con artists, etc.) and not common citizens just trying to live meaningful lives.
Isn't that what the people on that rig are doing?? Trying to live meaningful lives??? What gives people the right to delay them from making a living.....because they don't approve of how they pay their taxes??
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
campgottagopee wrote
Isn't that what the people on that rig are doing?? Trying to live meaningful lives??? What gives people the right to delay them from making a living.....because they don't approve of how they pay their taxes??
Isn't that what a doctor at an abortion clinic is doing also?  Should we ban Pro-lifers from protesting at abortion clinics because Pro-Choicers think the doctors are just trying to live meaningful lives?

A protest is a protest.  It doesn't matter weather you agree with the cause or not.  If you don't like something, you have a right to cry about it in public.  It's called freedom.  It's what makes this country great!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
^ I'm willing to bet that those guys are still getting paid for today. And they'll probably get paid tomorrow, too (or they can get some unemployment while looking for another drilling job, etc.). This is on Shell to figure out. I do have some compassion for people who need paycheck a to feed their families, but I don't think any one individual is losing money here (although I'm sure Shell will push that narrative to garner public sympathy).

But if you're implying that oil rig workers are drilling in the arctic because of their deep moral commitment to Shell Oil and their philosophical belief that all oil must be pumped out of every available crevice of the earth because $1.95 a gallon gasoline is a fundamental, God given right, then you're barking up the wrong tree.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
nepa wrote
It's called freedom.  It's what makes this country great!!
no freedom of press, no freedom of abusive cops, no freedom to enjoy public lands freely, can't roll a doob, can't swim without a lifeguard, the freedom myth of this country goes on and on unchallenged.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
nepa wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Isn't that what a doctor at an abortion clinic is doing also?  Should we ban Pro-lifers from protesting at abortion clinics because Pro-Choicers think the doctors are just trying to live meaningful lives?

A protest is a protest.  It doesn't matter weather you agree with the cause or not.  If you don't like something, you have a right to cry about it in public.  It's called freedom.  It's what makes this country great!!
I said nothing about protesting. My point is these people STOPPED this vessel from leaving the port. Time is money, so these protesters are effin with these guys. That's what bothers me.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
nepa wrote
It is a shame how we barely have any freedom whatsoever though.no freedom of press, no freedom of abusive cops, the freedom myth of this country goes on and on unchallenged.
Yep. The word has been so corrupted people are now complaining that they're losing the "freedom" to discriminate against gays, the "freedom" to go without health insurance and bankrupt themselves, and the "freedom" to control what other people do with their bodies.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
^ I'm willing to bet that those guys are still getting paid for today. And they'll probably get paid tomorrow, too (or they can get some unemployment while looking for another drilling job, etc.). This is on Shell to figure out. I do have some compassion for people who need paycheck a to feed their families, but I don't think any one individual is losing money here (although I'm sure Shell will push that narrative to garner public sympathy).

Good points Matt. I honestly don't know of anyone who works on an oil rig so maybe these guys are getting paid. I have a good buddy of mine who runs heavy equipment on fracking pipelines ----- if he ain't workin he ain't getting paid.

mattchuck2 wrote

But if you're implying that oil rig workers are drilling in the arctic because of their deep moral commitment to Shell Oil and their philosophical belief that all oil must be pumped out of every available crevice of the earth because $1.95 a gallon gasoline is a fundamental, God given right, then you're barking up the wrong tree.
Nope....didn't mean to imply that at all
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ml242 wrote
nepa wrote
no freedom of press, no freedom of abusive cops, no freedom to enjoy public lands freely, can't roll a doob, can't swim without a lifeguard, the freedom myth of this country goes on and on unchallenged.
WORD
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Would you prefer to get our oil from a country in Iran that calls us the great satan?  Would you rather trust a U.S. Based company to responsibly drill for energy compared to Chinese or Russian companies that will get thier oil regardless of the consequences?

Energy independence is what this country needs not making crappy deals with a country that supports terrorism and can't be trusted with nukes
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
ml242 wrote
nepa wrote
I live in WA state... I am free to roll doobs daily.