We found the High Peaks in summer to be amazing..

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

We found the High Peaks in summer to be amazing..

Skiray
Not sure about you all, though I think there is more to do in the Lake Placid area in the summer than the winter.

We were all deeply impressed as usually in the summer months we gravitate to the coast though had the opportunity to visit Lake Placid in the summer. Thanks for our Nature's Bounty story - we found ourselves being asked to come back for another story - that's a first for us!

This is a story we produced that got shared by a number of tourism groups in the ADK which were deeply impressed by. Not only shared, though Alicia again was quoted on several of the sources. We still have loads to learn, though we hope our stories are getting better and relatable.

Let us know what you think of it.

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: We found the High Peaks in summer to be amazing..

Marcski
As always, Ray, another great video.  We were in Lake Placid last summer with the kids and had an amazing week. We also went to the wildlife center and did some amazing hikes. The 'Daks are truly a stunning, special place.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Very well done.  

One critique, hold longer on the high peaks.  Barley had time to read the names.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
As always, Ray, another great video.  We were in Lake Placid last summer with the kids and had an amazing week. We also went to the wildlife center and did some amazing hikes. The 'Daks are truly a stunning, special place.
Thank you MarcSki. Really, big time. You have been around with us from the start basically -and our work from then to now is like totally different - however- we get fewer views now which is odd.  

Our kids loved everything about the High Peaks in the summer - and given how much we couldn't do given our schedule - we hope to get back soon.

Going to try to sneak back that way in a couple of week for my 50th. Yes, rounding up on the 15th and I am probably the most anxious I have ever been. Way more than 30 which is now 20 years ago.

The ADK and the High Peaks - man totally special..

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Very well done.  

One critique, hold longer on the high peaks.  Barley had time to read the names.
Thank you ScottJack!

Yes, I wished it could have been longer though the wind was howling above us and was blowing our tiny drone everywhere - I was lucky to get that footage..

I tried to slow down the frames enough so it wouldn't look to bad - though had to play at the full 30fps (the limit of our drone).

We will keep trying to get better, that is for sure.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
You all might find this story a bit shocking too. Some behind the scenes of this story...

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Very cool.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by Skiray
Skiray wrote
You all might find this story a bit shocking too. Some behind the scenes of this story...

<P>
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FAlbaOutdoors%2Fvideos%2F2112521008966243%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Link for us non-Facebookers?
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Odd.in that it is a public link and should be visible to you. I can try to put it on YouTube later. Flying now to wonderful Kansas.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Skiray wrote
Odd.in that it is a public link and should be visible to you. I can try to put it on YouTube later. Flying now to wonderful Kansas.
No worries, Dorothy. The big, bad Facebook probably only lets its users see the link.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Hahahahahaahahahahaha..

Short on coffee, so it took me a second to get this joke..  At my meetings here laughing!

AlbaAdventures.com