We took the Plattekill challenge January 28th 2011

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

We took the Plattekill challenge January 28th 2011

Gunny J
We have much to be thankfull for on this 25th anniversary of the space shuttle challenger diaster. Twenty five year ago I  was a non skier ,25 years ago I only had apart time job and 25 years ago I did not have the honor of being a parent and enjoying the day of skiing I had at Plattekill with my two young sons. Friday Jan 28th.      .The ticketsOur first visit to Plattekill was back in2007 on my 40th birthday back in 2007 and since then our experince with the place gets better and better with each trip. My son Caleb ,12 years old , never skies the same line down this mountain twice and is always exploring the endless skiable lines thru the woods,down the bike paths and anywhere else his two skis will fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_LMErJm7YI  We arrived at the mountain just before the lifts started turningat this i the crwd that we found on a Friday morning with customer appreciation $15 TICKETSNo lines Caleb and I love Plattekill for it terrain it has any how big the 1100 ft of vertical  skies.Today, having his little brother along Derek,just turned 6 but has been skiing since age 2,Caleb and I has a new appreciation of this mountain as Derek has ripped Elk,Belleayre,Camelback and Hunter with out fear but today a few trails slowed him down.Stopping for a little photolooking downlooking up Blockbuster Plattekill never disappoints and on this day it beat any of our expectations. At the end of the day we even got to see some of NYs' best high school racers racing and hitA flat boxtin the park. Caleb even got the honor at the end of the day ,as Derek and I retired ,As a couple Local riders asked him to ride with them! As my saying goes "If you want to spend quality time with your kids, Teach them to ski or snowboard, the rewards will be endless!!looking up on Blockbuterthe line
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: We took the Plattekill challenge January 28th 2011

Funky Polak
Nice, looks like a fun time and great vid! Also, gotta love those lines!

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Video embedded for convenience...

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
Thanks Harvey I had trouble posting the vid so I did it at you tube because My laptop overheats after time and i was running out of time ,it justs shuts off, and all would be lost. This is blockbuster looking downGreat  Platt verticalHer are afew more pics that I wanted to post.Near the top of the western Catskills
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by Harvey
Gunny J gets my vote for that helmet-cam vid alone. Very sweet, especially when you recognize everything.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Jamesdeluxe wrote
Gunny J gets my vote for that helmet-cam vid alone. Very sweet, especially when you recognize everything.
I like the air at :33 seconds...

Snow "sounds" pretty good too.

Gunny ... I find the best thing to do with video is use You Tube and then use the embed code from there.  That's what I did in this case. The forums embed feature is new, and I haven't tried it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp