West Mountain

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: West Mountain

Chris
Yes, two quads- I believe the new quad replaces the West Express Triple.
'
New lighting and snowmaking were huge improvements.  New trails, maintained trails...

Bar & Lodge are very nice, they're expanding and sprucing up the "warming hut" over at Northwest (where the new quad is going in).  I wouldn't be surprised if a hotel or larger lodge goes in there over the next 5 years.

They keep everyone very up to date on their Facebook page

**Harv, I think West would be a great interview for the site**
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Chris wrote
Yes, two quads- I believe the new quad replaces the West Express Triple.
'
New lighting and snowmaking were huge improvements.  New trails, maintained trails...

Bar & Lodge are very nice, they're expanding and sprucing up the "warming hut" over at Northwest (where the new quad is going in).  I wouldn't be surprised if a hotel or larger lodge goes in there over the next 5 years.

They keep everyone very up to date on their Facebook page

**Harv, I think West would be a great interview for the site**
I see they have a video on FB about conveyor loading for a quad.  Having used them at Massanutten for a while, they do help for lifts that are used by a lot of beginners and intermediates, especially kids who get how to load pretty quickly.

Was the new lighting to replace existing lights or was night skiing expanded a bit?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Chris
As I recall the old lodge on the Mach - the best improvement for that would be 5 gallons of kerosene and a match
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by marznc
They lit up the entire mountain with LED's from The Cure all the way over to AOA
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.