West Mountain

10 messages Options
ck1 ck1
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

West Mountain

Has anyone skied here? What's it like? They have gone through some tough times if I'm not mistaken... Didn't open a few seasons. Or maybe I'm confusing it with another hill.
Mi Skier Mi Skier
Reply |

Re: West Mountain

West never closed. They did have some rough years until the current owner took over. Lots of money and improvements going into the area now.  
marznc marznc
Reply |

Looks like the deadline for discounted season passes for West Mountain is 10/31.  Here's the list they have on the season pass webpage.  Facebook Page sounds like the best source for updates.

2018/2019 Big Time Upgrades include:
Brand new Quad Chairlift on the The Face Trail
Brand new State-of-the-art snowmaking north to south (AOA to the Cure)
New loading carpet on the West Express Chairlift
Brand new cafeteria
ck1 ck1
Reply |

That season pass price is steep. What's the terrain like? Are the trees in play?
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Not a lot of trees. Whole mountain not "exciting", but a good local hill.

Mondays and Tuesdays, they have real cheap tickets. Just grab one and explore. You can ski the whole mountain in a couple of hours.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by ck1
ck1 wrote
Has anyone skied here? What's it like? They have gone through some tough times if I'm not mistaken... Didn't open a few seasons. Or maybe I'm confusing it with another hill.
Pizza in the bar is pretty good, need I say more
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

We used get 2 hour tickets week day mornings when the snow was good, then stay for lunch. There’s racing on Monday or Tuesday nights as well. Lots of kids after school.

It’s nice to have that close by.

mm
"Welfare mothers make better lovers." Neil Young
Saratogahalfday Saratogahalfday
Reply |

In reply to this post by Mi Skier
They've invested over $15 million, so there's a huge gamble in relation to making that back and satisfying the investers.  Their new price structure is way out of whack for what you get there.

If you're driving to Glens Falls, you might as well keep going to Gore.
YUKON CORNELIUS YUKON CORNELIUS
Reply |

In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
Looks like the deadline for discounted season passes for West Mountain is 10/31.  Here's the list they have on the season pass webpage.  Facebook Page sounds like the best source for updates.

2018/2019 Big Time Upgrades include:
Brand new Quad Chairlift on the The Face Trail
Brand new State-of-the-art snowmaking north to south (AOA to the Cure)
New loading carpet on the West Express Chairlift
Brand new cafeteria
Just biding my time until some Jerry falls on that magic "loading" carpet and gets dumped off the end of the loading area.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
Saratogahalfday wrote
They've invested over $15 million, so there's a huge gamble in relation to making that back and satisfying the investers.  Their new price structure is way out of whack for what you get there.

If you're driving to Glens Falls, you might as well keep going to Gore.
This is exactly why I’ve never skied there. If I lived in the area they would get my mid-week night skiing business though.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller