What do you want for "Christmas?"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
72 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What do you want for "Christmas?"

PeeTex
I’ll have my girls and their girls all here in the cabin. Air mattresses will be inflated and sleeping bags deployed. Let’s see if we pull out Risk  and pop corn for some midnight board game fun. If not, we have a large selection of Christmas movie DVDs
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Sounds like everyone had a good one. Mine was pretty good after the usual chaos on xmas eve. Finally got to bed at a decent hour around 1am!
   Santa gave me a nice JBL bluetooth speaker, a shitload of clothes, and some big ski pants that should fit.
   Best was my kids thanking us for an 'awesome" xmas. Then my oldest said something to the effect of "Just be thankful for what you have."  
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Glad you had a good one, we have several of those JBL speakers around the house. My wife went crazy with them.
I got what I usually get - heavy carhart socks which I use as house slippers and a few other assorted clothes.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I got the socks too. Use them with slides around the house. I see more of these speakers in my future. Took me a minute to realize what "JBL Partyboost" meant.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
When my older son isn’t home (he’s got better speakers) my wife’s “Alexa, play Josh Groban Christmas” comes thru a JBL BlueTooth, I think.

Santa was good in our house.  Some skiing stuff (Volkl RTMs and a helmet for the youngest, Leki S Vario poles/gloves for the middle, new helmet for me)......but I’m kinda jazzed about the wetsuits.  One for my younger son, and I got a Quiksilver Highline 4/3, a decent hood, and 5mm gloves and boots, and we’ll be on the Cape next week.  I won’t brave the 10’ waves in the forecast for Tuesday, but the shoulder surf Monday and Wednesday should be pretty good!  Never been in low 40s ocean water, it should be interesting if I have the cajones to follow thru!  The aforementioned wife is NOT a fan of the idea....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
JTG4eva! wrote
When my older son isn’t home (he’s got better speakers) my wife’s “Alexa, play Josh Groban Christmas” comes thru a JBL BlueTooth, I think.

Santa was good in our house.  Some skiing stuff (Volkl RTMs and a helmet for the youngest, Leki S Vario poles/gloves for the middle, new helmet for me)......but I’m kinda jazzed about the wetsuits.  One for my younger son, and I got a Quiksilver Highline 4/3, a decent hood, and 5mm gloves and boots, and we’ll be on the Cape next week.  I won’t brave the 10’ waves in the forecast for Tuesday, but the shoulder surf Monday and Wednesday should be pretty good!  Never been in low 40s ocean water, it should be interesting if I have the cajones to follow thru!  The aforementioned wife is NOT a fan of the idea....
I used to windsurf in 40's water...I had a 5mm drysuit..to be honest, it was more survival then enjoyable.. that icy water always finds it's way in..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Well, not much actual surfing happened today, but I did get in the water!  With 6’-8’ waves, and a few double overhead monsters mixed in, it was a struggle to get beyond the whitewater.  Not that I have any business trying to surf 8’ waves anyway.  But, I did don the new wetsuit/booties/gloves and struggled against the surf for a while.  Honestly, I’ve been colder in the water during the summer.  While some water got in, I honestly wasn’t cold.  Inspires me to want to get out tomorrow, when the waves will be smaller and it should be easier.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
JTG
This for u.  The kiters and surfers were out in force

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Where in FL?  Never seen waves that big in my FL travels!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Juno beach

It’s been big for the last few days

East south east  winds
Nice shaped too
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded