72 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What do you want for "Christmas?"

Harvey
Administrator
Or the holiday of your choice.

And look, everyone wants good snow, so we'll just assume it is added to your list. No need to say it.

I'll go first.

I want these bad boyz in my hands, mounted with Outlaw X's and brakes and ready to go:

They made half the trip today from NoVT to Queensbury. Hope to snag them on Friday, and have them mounted the following Friday at Sportspage.  I also want my TX Pros melted by Richard the same day.

And I want 1000 subscribers for the blog by new years:

I honestly thought we get at least 1000 out of the WhiteRoom giveaway, we got about ~500?

Feel free to subscribe, and tell your friends!...

https://nyskiblog.com/connect/subscribe/

OK your turn!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What do you want for "Christmas?"

campgottagopee
For Christmas I'd like new graphics for my sleds. Currently this is #1 on the list

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I had a very sarcastic answer that I deleted but to be honest all I want is enough time to go skiing. Too bad you can’t buy time.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'll be buying my own Christmas present
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I bought me some Leki Tour Mezza V Plus gloves that I’ll put under the tree.  It’s also looking like a wetsuit kind of Christmas in our house.

I’d love a pair of Salomon S/Lab Shift MNC bindings....but seeing as I have two pair of functional touring bindings I’ll hold off.

We may need to add another vehicle to the fleet, so maybe we put a bow on a Volkswagen Atlas or a Volvo XC90.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Ironically, I don't want snow for Christmas week.  That's because my family is driving from NC to Chicago to spend a few days with my husband's family.

Would love to find some ski pants for my now fully grown daughter that aren't black.  So far, she's rejected the good quality shell pants that I've found over the years because of the colors.  Even the pair that was shortened professionally.  For that matter, if I found a good looking pair of pants that were actually the right length, that would be nice.  More shopping options in the Chicago area than around Raleigh.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
These came early. Hestra leather gloves.

We are also planning our ski trip to Durango to Taos.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Harvey
Those are some purdy looking skis there Harv!
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
The stuff you can't buy.  Good health, relationships, Seahawks wins and Summit opened before Christmas.  I'll "settle" for the first two.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
Ironically
More like TREASON!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
NOICE
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I did it kind of on a lark. I know my health is above even snow.

I agree with camp on buying for yourself.  That's the only way you can get skis like that. Dream big!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I ask for things like carhartt heavy socks (I wear them like slippers around the house). I need some new base layer tops as well. These are inexpensive things the kids can get me. I will likely ask the wife for a couple of Zwilling J.A. Henckel knives to fill in my collection.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
raisingarizona wrote
NOICE
Ditto, only thing gets in the way of my affinity for Hestra is my Leki Trigger S addiction.

If you didn’t need those suckers to breathe (like they were designed to) they’d be ripe for a little dubbin with some beeswax or something!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I will likely ask the wife for a couple of Zwilling J.A. Henckel knives to fill in my collection.
My aunt has been giving us a Henckel’s knife each Christmas since forever.   Good stuff, a great knife (and the right knife for the job) makes a big difference in the kitchen!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
JTG4eva! wrote
PeeTex wrote
I will likely ask the wife for a couple of Zwilling J.A. Henckel knives to fill in my collection.
My aunt has been giving us a Henckel’s knife each Christmas since forever.   Good stuff, a great knife (and the right knife for the job) makes a big difference in the kitchen!
I have been collecting them for years, the ones with the two little men are the only ones still made in Germany and the Pros are so well balanced and have a great handle.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!

In my opinion the best knives are Global.. Henckel and Wusthof don't hold their edge..

a 8" Global Chef Knife is the only knife you need and maybe a cheap serrated one to cut bread
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Global makes a good knife, it’s Japanese steel which is harder than German steel and so will hold an edge longer but be more difficult to sharpen or hone. I prefer the softer German steel as I sharpen my own knives when honing can’t restore the edge to razor sharp state. Usually they just take a few whacks on the steel to make them sharp. It’s personal preference.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
PeeTex wrote
Global makes a good knife, it’s Japanese steel which is harder than German steel and so will hold an edge longer but be more difficult to sharpen or hone. I prefer the softer German steel as I sharpen my own knives when honing can’t restore the edge to razor sharp state. Usually they just take a few whacks on the steel to make them sharp. It’s personal preference.
i agree
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
1 Unity in our nation that celebrates our differnces and respects our differences of opinion
2 .A return to civility .
3. Respect for our fellow man
4. Good health
5 love of family and friends

These are my wish list items for Christmas .

Materially i need nothing and personally i have the enveloping love of family so these wishes are for the Greater Good
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.