What is the upcoming high tempartures going to do to WF's base?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What is the upcoming high tempartures going to do to WF's base?

skisheep
Looking at the 10 day forecast, looks like 50's for some parts of next week. With the R**n for Saturday, how is this going to affect their base? Got a trip planned in 2 weeks and i'm getting worried. We can still cancel the hotel for 48 hours so unsure what to do at this point.

Thanks for your replies!

-skisheep
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What is the upcoming high tempartures going to do to WF's base?

JasonWx
i plan  on going to WF or VT on the 9th or 16th...Just playing it by ear..No need to have reservations anywhere. Just expedia a place the night before..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by skisheep
skisheep wrote
Looking at the 10 day forecast, looks like 50's for some parts of next week. With the R**n for Saturday, how is this going to affect their base? Got a trip planned in 2 weeks and i'm getting worried. We can still cancel the hotel for 48 hours so unsure what to do at this point.

Thanks for your replies!

-skisheep
Obviously, no one has a crystal ball here, but to put things in perspective, last week, through Tuesday, the weather forecast was calling for rain on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Believe me, I was whining about it all last weekend. Then, lo and behold, late in the day on Tuesday, all of a sudden all the forecasts changed to a rain/snow mix.

Well, we woke up Thursday morning to 10-12 inches of fresh powder from the mid-station up, with more snow on Friday & Saturday (ok ... and wind!!!!)

Sorry to say it, but most of the time, I don't think most of these weather forecasters could forecast their way out of a paper bag!!!

That all said, if you have a reservation that you can cancel, you might want to. Things usually aren't too busy in March, so there really shouldn't be much of a problem getting a place to stay, even if you wait until the last minute.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
WF base is deep w/ GunPow.  GunPow does not melt like Frosty the Snowman in a greenhouse.  Have faith my brother.   
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Sheep, WF has a very good manmade base on most of the trails they blew this year. Next weeks warmup wont really affect that. If you want the best forecast go to www.adkweathersite.com. Darrin Harr has been pretty much dead on all winter(unfortunately for us skeirs).
Reply | Threaded
|

skisheep
Thanks for that site, it seems much more useful then weather.gloom and accuhype :)

looks like were going to keep the trip, got an amazing rate on a ski and stay and would hate to loose it.

thanks for your replies!

-skisheep
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1