What next?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What next?

PeeTex
This weather system is different, we usually get a rain followed by a deep freeze but the temps look to stay warm until New Years eve, So what are you planning for the holiday week? After  a warm up followed by a freeze I would switch back into hiking mode but the snow pack will most likely be so soft that even snow shows would sink.

Wife's been asking for a book case for the top of the stars and I have some nice rough cut cherry I harvested about 6 years ago - maybe it's time to fire up the wood shop.

Depressing, the ground is now showing in front of the house...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What next?

snoloco
This post was updated on .
I am going to ski regardless of the conditions.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Based in the radar and forecast I would be surprising if you have any trails period to ski on down there.

Go North Young Man!
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
Probably a nice long hike and bike Friday, then Saturday looks like perfect climbing weather in the Gunks. Gotta make the best of things somehow!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Z
It takes weeks of crap to melt all the snow.  Easy for the guy who lives right next to WF to tell me to go north.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by jjp24
jjp24 wrote
Probably a nice long hike and bike Friday, then Saturday looks like perfect climbing weather in the Gunks. Gotta make the best of things somehow!
You would do well here in Flagstaff. When we don't have skiing we have so many other things to do that it makes having no snow ok.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
 Wife's been asking for a book case for the top of the stars
Sounds truly celestial. I suppose she'll be asking for the moon next.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
"You must learn day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizon.  The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about, the more you have left when anything happens."-Ethel Barrymore

I've been walking the dogs, reading a book, and actually got out paddling the day after Xmas.  Skied Cannon yesterday with my brother and his family, because that was the day they had planned and fit their schedule.  Conditions deteriorated almost unfathomably in the course of 4 days......but it is still skiing.  There was some fun had, even if it was mostly making fun of my brother's 1992 Scott Schmidt era Saloman Force 9 rear entry boots.

This weather pattern is definitely a test of mind over matter and what doesn't kill you making you stronger.