What ski area would you want your ashes scattered?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What ski area would you want your ashes scattered?

evergreen
At one of my recent trips to MRG I saw a photo of their sign with a message of remembrance, clearly someone that loves that place had passed and the family had scattered their ashes there.  MRG is certainly ash worthy in my book.  Where would you pick?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What ski area would you want your ashes scattered?

Peter Minde
I want my ashes scattered at the height of land on Mount van Hoevenberg's Porter Mountain trail.  By the timing hut from the 1980 Winter Olympics.  Doesn't look like I'm ever gonna live up there.  Ashes scattered = the closest I'm gonna get.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Peter Minde wrote
I want my ashes scattered at the height of land on Mount van Hoevenberg's Porter Mountain trail.  By the timing hut from the 1980 Winter Olympics.  Doesn't look like I'm ever gonna live up there.  Ashes scattered = the closest I'm gonna get.
Why can't you ever live up there? I think I caught that you live in New Jersey. Si or no? What's holding you there?

As far as having my ashes scattered I don't think I care to have it at a ski mountain. Heck, I'm not sure I care at all, I'll be dead! I guess tho if it means something to my surviving family I could think of something. But in all honesty I don't care.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Currently, Montezuma Bowl at A-Basin.  As far as my family member can hike out the ridge to the right.  It was the Tram platform from the top of Snowbird previously...who knows, maybe I will find a better one.  Off the backside of Haystack toward Panther Gorge is where my first hiking dog's ashes are...but if something like that tree at MRG takes me out, just leave me there
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Really want mine placed in the soil where a young oak is planted, in a vast field.   Maybe I can compromise and have my family dedicate a baby spruce at Kicking Horse or some of the BC in Verbier.  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I've got a long time to think about this being only 16.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by I:)skiing
Alta or Zermatt..Not picky
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

midweeker
Weird but this subject just came up this past weekend.

Gore for sure. Many,many happy moments there.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Peter Minde wrote
Why can't you ever live up there? I think I caught that you live in New Jersey. Si or no? What's holding you there?

As far as having my ashes scattered I don't think I care to have it at a ski mountain. Heck, I'm not sure I care at all, I'll be dead! I guess tho if it means something to my surviving family I could think of something. But in all honesty I don't care.
Long odds to move to the north country for me,
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Mountain Creek because I'd never be caught there alive.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.