Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What to do after getting hit in the hill

Z
Snowballs wrote
Coach Z wrote
  Why is it that they ski / ride in packs very closely together.  That greatly increases thier potential to hit something because they are so close together.  
It sounds like in your scenario they were " following the leader ". If so, the last ones will be bombing it to keep up so their D-bag buddies won't rag on them for " being " unable to keep up. Stupid chit for sure.
Agree I got hit by the weakest one that was having to straight line with marginal skills to keep up with the alpha idiot
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Ultimate shit show would be if kid was wearing a staduim jacket!  That's more of a Mountain Creek attire thing, but can't be ruled out at WF or anywhere else for that matter. I believe there's a direct correlation between out of control drunken young folk, and these jackets.

A friend of mine was wiped out on Upper Valley and fractured his femur years ago. Ended up a season ending injury. A bummer indeed.

Hope you're back to 100% in a day or so. It sounds like your ok for the most part or parts, so thank g_d for that.
No worse way to have one's day trashed..having some head up their ass person invading one's space, no matter what the speed. You prob wanted to lose your boot in the guy's ass if you had the chance to do so.

Other stupidness I've seen are those yahoos in a tuck with ski pole tips at head height, while staring at the ground until they hit someone. My wife was 2 seconds from getting wiped out by one of those clowns, but thankfully I looked up at her, saw it coming, and yelled "WATCH IT" at the top of my lungs" Fortunately the yahoo looked up and was able to negotiate a tun in time, avoiding my wife. This also happened at WF on Boreen of all places. Totally idiotic.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
That is why every time my job offers me weekends off I decline. It's just too good to ride weekdays without all the dipshits. Even skip weekends for all my vacation time, maybe a Sunday, but would still rather not. School vacations, no way. Will head to Burke if I have to take a vaca then. No one goes there.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Skiing WROD is always going to have dangers.  No one was hurt, the kid probably/hopefully learned a lesson.  It would probably be best if you just got his name and reported it to guest services desk.  They could have called him in a helped him understand.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
tjf1967 wrote
Skiing WROD is always going to have dangers.  No one was hurt, the kid probably/hopefully learned a lesson.  It would probably be best if you just got his name and reported it to guest services desk.  They could have called him in a helped him understand.
Saving others the look-up:

WROD
Acronym Definition
WROD White Ribbon of Death (single ski run open on artificial snow)
"Feets fail me not"