What to do when you meet a new woman . . .

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What to do when you meet a new woman . . .

tBatt
PowderAssassin wrote
I was just clearly making a joke on here and then someone else started a debate on here. I'll keep it over there.
That's weird, I've never seen that happen before.

Alta averages 500" a year, but the past few years have only been about 425". I hope we get an average year this year.
But you two can keep nitpicking about which mountain, which neither of you ski more than 5 days a year, gets more snow.
26" and counting in the last 36 hrs. 12" more in the next 24! Can't believe I have to wait until 1 to ski it, ugh, I'll probably be crossing tracks.

It puts a smile on my face, and in my pants, when they are the ones dragging me out of bed to tour/climb/bike/paddle. But this here is the action sports industry, where you don't lose your girlfriend, you lose your turn.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
tBatt wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I was just clearly making a joke on here and then someone else started a debate on here. I'll keep it over there.
That's weird, I've never seen that happen before.

Alta averages 500" a year, but the past few years have only been about 425". I hope we get an average year this year.
But you two can keep nitpicking about which mountain, which neither of you ski more than 5 days a year, gets more snow.
26" and counting in the last 36 hrs. 12" more in the next 24! Can't believe I have to wait until 1 to ski it, ugh, I'll probably be crossing tracks.

It puts a smile on my face, and in my pants, when they are the ones dragging me out of bed to tour/climb/bike/paddle. But this here is the action sports industry, where you don't lose your girlfriend, you lose your turn.
Actually was at Jay double that last year
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I think his new name should be ThreadAssassin because every thread he touches dies a miserable death, it's like the movie Ground Hogs Day - Deja vu all over again, a broken record, Like the endless soundtrack in Midway Airport..
I'm no psychologist, but you know there's something wrong when a guy takes hundreds of posts to keep making his point.  It's like Asperger's or some other condition on the autism spectrum. Best policy seems to be don't feed the troll.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Saw this on another site. I think it's a pretty dead on accurate method for finding "the one", for those still looking:
It's a process….
1. Take her on skinny no-wax skis and just let her beat herself up to exhaustion by your pace on a long day.
2. Bring only CLiff Bars and Snickers.
3. Get way ahead of her and when she skis up to you, take off again.
4. At times leave her alone til she hollers for you.
5, Ski her down "fall-likely" terrain at least a dozen times.
6. By the time you get back to the car, (which is parked a mile from the trailhead) she should look totally exhausted, wet, sweating and holding her poles in one hand. (I won't even describe to you how she will be carrying the skis, but I warn you, no pics at this time.)
7. Then and only then, offer her a sip out of your grimy water jug, just after you guzzle most of it.
8. Don't help her with her gear at all.
9. Don't call her. If she calls you (or as it seems in your case, she rolls over on you) in the morning and ask when can she go skiing with you again, then you know you have a keeper…and a winter athlete and may need to shop for fats.

PS…This works on men also.
This is why I didn't get married until 40.  It took me 39 years to even find a candidate and another year to administer the test (gotta hit all 4 seasons - skiing, hiking, climbing, etc).
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
Well that changes everything.

Internet douche, over and out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
tBatt wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Well that changes everything.

Internet douche, over and out.
Internet tough guy with the name calling thinks he knows more about my own ski schedule than I do.  And who is an internet douche again?
Reply | Threaded
|

climbingbetty
Gee, no wonder y'all are still looking for the "one."
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
+1 climbingbetty.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by climbingbetty
climbingbetty wrote
Hi Betty. How old are you? Got any bigger pics? I'm a Scorpio. I enjoy long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners. Private message me you want to assassinate some powder with me sometime
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by climbingbetty
climbingbetty wrote
Excellent
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
Internet tough guy with the name calling thinks he knows more about my own ski schedule than I do.  And who is an internet douche again?
I was actually referring to myself.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
sorry bro I was all riled up from powder Asssassin