What trips are you planning for this ski season?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What trips are you planning for this ski season?

ausable skier
This post was updated on .
It's August and to me that means time to start dreaming about skiing.  If you book your trips now you get the best availability and rates.  I use freq flyer miles and hotel points so I have to plan way ahead to get the flights and rooms i want.  I'm sure you all already have your season passes taken care of.  Where are you all planning to ski this ski season?

My home mt is Whiteface so that is a given.  I've booked a trip for early Feb. to Vail and plan to do a day of cat skiing at either Chicago Ridge @ Cooper or Vail Pass.  I'll also do a few Jay Peak trips but those i always wait to scope out the best powder days.

A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: what trips are you planning for this ski season

soulskier
I'd like to take a trip to the Selkirks and check out Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and the soon to be Jumbo Glacier Resort.
Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
In reply to this post by ausable skier
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Hoping to get to Mt Bohemia in the UP of Michigan, from the website pics it looks like a blast. Anyone out there ever been there?
Reply | Threaded
|

takeahike46er
I'm looking to check out the Dolomites in late February or early March.  Arabba/Marmolada offers some of the best skiing in the region, so I would like to stay somewhere close by and leverage the Sella Ronda to access some of the 1200 km of pistes that the Superski pass gives access to.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
These are some delicious plans. Dolomites yum.  

I will probably never get to Mt. Bohemia, but it REALLY looks like my kind of place. I thought I had seen a very TR for Bohemia on First Tracks, but all I could find was this one, which was also excellent:

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9389&p=58739&hilit=bohemia#p58739

(James can you help me find the other Bohemia TR?)

It's unlikely I'll getting out of the northeast this year, and I'm assuming ausable skier's intent was to ask about destination trips. I'll definitely be in New York — Gore, Whiteface, Plattekill, Hickory, Hunter and Belleayre.  There a possibility for some Adk backcountry. I really want to get back to Jay Peak, and I'm I'll likely add one more New England destination TBD.

Can't wait to read the TRs this winter.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Going to Japan to visit some friends in March or April..
Going to try to get some riding in there..

Would like to head out to Mammouth or back to BC to Kicking Horse/Fernie...

But I'll wait until I get a better read on the snowpack..
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What trips are you planning for this ski season?

adkskier
I'd like to go to Big Sky this season. any suggestions as to the best time to go?
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
adkskier wrote
I'd like to to to Big Sky this season. any suggestions as to the best time to go?
When ever you want to to to.....
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Plan - Ski a lot. Sounds good to me!

I just found out I can stay at hotels superrr cheap ($29/night), So I guess that means I shouldn't quit my job. Then again, I hardly say in hotels anyways.

One of my good friends just told me his family friends are getting a realllly nice house in Tahoe for the winter. He said we could go there over winter break. Sounds like a a good deal to me, except I dunno if I can handle the air fare.

We'll probably end up somewhere sweet for March break, like usual. According to this map, I'm thinking stay away from Utah. That's ok, cause I'd like to go to somewhere new anyways. It looks like Big Sky would be a good place to be, but we'll see. Maybe a Colorado trip wouldn't be bad.

I'm planning on getting a Magic pass this year (only $125 for a college student, Hellzz yeah!) on top of my Gore pass, so I'll bet there a lot. The triple major crossed my mind, because $300 for Jay, MRG, and Bolton is a super sweet deal too. It's a hellofa drive though.

One of my good friends goes to UVM and has an apartment in Burlington, so that sounds like a few Northern Vermont trips are in mind.

We'll see how many jobs I have left/how poor I am once the snow starts falling though. I already have about $1300 in gear/passes I plan on spending. I dunno how well daddy will like me spending even more when I owe him lots for school.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I'm with Harv on this one..Only NE areas, think ridge out west, trough along the east coast....
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
In reply to this post by Snowballs
My dream vacation would be the dolomites. Someday, when I can convince my son to eat something other than chicken nuggets, steak or pizza we'll make it there. I was researching a whole trip to Big Sky for next April when that was also vetoed by the family. I hope to make it there sometime too.  We plan on skiing Gore/Whiteface for most of the winter, but I booked a trip to Breckenridge for the first week of April, when the kids have their spring vacation.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
I've been to big sky - it takes lots of snow to cover the substantial rocks that they have there - I think Feb would be the best time
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Being a fresh out of college graduate and having an income of less than 30K, my options are limited to the East Coast and within driving distance. BUT with that being said, finding deals has been a passion of mine and I was able to get in two trips to Vermont and one trip to Whiteface last year. Anyone else in the same situation as me, check out CBS Local Deals website...got a bed and breakfast last season in Killington for only $150 for TWO nights. Another time we stayed about 45 minutes from the southern vermont mountains, staying in Keene, NH at a best western for only about $89 a night. AND of course we traveled during the week when rates were cheaper.
SO with that being said, I have no plans at all...because I pick u the best last minute deals when they come along...;-)
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
will most likely go to utah over december break and spring break. this year i will probably be skiing quite a few places this year in NY and NE. main ski areas though will be gore and killington