When do you know your a success

25 messages Options
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

When do you know your a success

It happened to me Sunday, I spent the day skiing with my Grandaughter (20YO), she said “Poppy, I like skiing with you more than anyone else”. Wow - was that a memory to take to the grave.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Cunningstunts Cunningstunts
Reply |

Re: When do you know your a success

You must not talk to her about politics

jk - that's great.  Nothing better than a grandchild who admires you.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

That’s awesome P-Tex. Skiing around with my daughter and being a good Dad has by far been my best success.

It sure isn’t in making money! Man, I sometimes struggle with guilt on that one but it’s just not me. Material possessions or creating wealth just doesn’t drive me in any sort of way.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

raisingarizona wrote
That’s awesome P-Tex. Skiing around with my daughter and being a good Dad has by far been my best success.

It sure isn’t in making money! Man, I sometimes struggle with guilt on that one but it’s just not me. Material possessions or creating wealth just doesn’t drive me in any sort of way.
+1 except for the money thing. I’m a complete and utter sellout. I’ve been 100% coopted by the corporate machine but I respect both you guys and most of the folks here, regardless of their life choices, politics,whatever. For me, Kids are the top priority. Nothing else brings as much joy
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Word.  

If we were all the same this world sure would be a boring place!
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

When one of your politicrap nemeses sees the spelling mistake in your thread title and clicks on it just to make light of you, but then is forced to read the sentiment behind the title and has to slink away with a warm heart.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote

Don't let making money be your goal. Find a passion that adds to society, be the best you can and the money will come. When it does, don't squander it but don't horde it either. Be happy in your life and your children will be happy to be around you.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Agree Ptex  with the notion that skiing with your grandkids is the apex . Making memories ! Take lots o pics and vids

I am fortunate that we did this with all four grandchildren right up thru college years started them all around 5 yrs old . Even tho they all live more than an 8 hr drive away we were able get in multiple overnights each season at various venues throughout the NE and of course when they all come home for Christmas week

Currently  all are in college or  professional  school and while the boys still ski the girls have developed other interests

Good stuff !!
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
When one of your politicrap nemeses sees the spelling mistake in your thread title and clicks on it just to make light of you, but then is forced to read the sentiment behind the title and has to slink away with a warm heart.
I'm not above making fun of him for his dumb spelling mistakes.

You know you're a success when you learn the proper usage of the words "your" and "you're".

I guess I'll choose not to comment on the rest of the post, except to note that "success" means different things to different people and to lightheartedly point out that the PeeTex that posts on the PolitiCrap forum would dismiss the thoughts of his 20-year old granddaughter immediately:
PeeTex wrote
A 22 year old girl (Women) in todays world is NOT mentally mature
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
witch hobble wrote
I'm not above making fun of him for his dumb spelling mistakes.

You know you're a success when you learn the proper usage of the words "your" and "you're".

I guess I'll choose not to comment on the rest of the post, except to note that "success" means different things to different people and to lightheartedly point out that the PeeTex that posts on the PolitiCrap forum would dismiss the thoughts of his 20-year old granddaughter immediately:
PeeTex wrote
A 22 year old girl (Women) in todays world is NOT mentally mature
Spelling is not my strong suit.

I did not say I dismissed the thoughts of a 20 year old nor even a 22 year old but I still stand by my comment that a 22 year old is not completely mentally mature or at least not all 22 year olds. Some people never grow up - you are a perfect example of that - in fact you are so immature I dismiss all your musings.