Where to stay while in Killington

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where to stay while in Killington

TBones
Does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay in Killington?

I always plan a 4 day trip in early Feb every year for our group. Six to eight adult males all in our 30's, mixture of skiers and snowboarders. Anything within a 10 min drive of the mountain is okay. Access to a hot-tub or heated pool is even better. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Where to stay while in Killington

where's the snow
I have been staying at the inn of the six mountains less than 10 min from the mountain pool, hot tub, free breakfast and not to expensive.
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Chalet Killington....old, dumpy place, but GREAT free breakfast(you tell them what you want), bar in house, inside hot tub, outside heated pool.   7 mins, maybe?    Cheapest I know.   Large Great Room with fireplace.   Owner is cool with BYOB and parties there.  Pool table downstairs.      Remember, circa 1965 decor/rooms.

Also, looked for the name of the place, but could not find it.   A call to Peppinos Italian Resturant will get you the name.   Its the hotel right next door on same side of street.   I beleive the owner is a race coach.   Hot tub, again indoors...., and very good breakfast included.     No frills, but nicer than Chalet Killington.    

Stayed in others, I go back to these with the guys or alone.   WOuld not take women, unless they were really cool ski gals who want to spend their money on the hill and bars, not beds.    

Stay away from Cascades lodge...crappy, stinky, expensive (unless deals abound) but you can get that, where I just mentioned and get awesome breakfast.   No hot tub...I think htey advertise it, but you have to walk to a sister hotel?  

Best pizza/beer place---sometimes good music, Down Under.  You'll see it.     Don't let locals or others tell you different.  
Sunday night used to be free pizza around 5pm.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Turn of the River Lodge on Rt. 4 between the Gondola base and the access road is my first choice, because I'm a cheapskate, but, It isn't too bad for the women, either. Nice and clean but rustic, and an easy drive to Bear. Breakfast included. Definitely reserve ahead if thinking of a weekend.

I have to say that most of the places on the access road are looking awfully shabby, inside and out. Maybe I'm just getting older and drinking less, but, there's a few I would never think of bringing a woman to, and some that just gross me out, too. Nothing new has been built for years, and some owners should think of renovating.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
In reply to this post by TBones
I stay at the Best Western in Rutland..if you get the large 1 bedroom condo, there's a pullout sofa and a kitchen which always keeps down the price...pasta everyyy night!!
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen