While skiing, Ever bust someone's teeth out?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: While skiing, Ever bust someone's teeth out?

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Harvey wrote

Once a patroller accused me of ducking a rope, when I hadn't.  He saw me out of the corner of his eye and I guess made a visual assumption that I had cut between The Glen and Headwaters right by the Straightbrook lift.  Not that I've never ducked a rope, but I didn't this time. He tried to confiscate my seasons pass and I wouldn't give it up.  He told me he "didn't trust telemarkers."  It wasn't my finest hour.
What a complete joke. They can actually take your SEASON pass for ducking a rope. I do that shit all the time. If you duck a rope and get hurt, you can't sue(and win) anyway since it was clearly roped off. AT YOUR OWN RISK. Most of the time around here I don't duck ropes because ropes are here down south because snow cover is so light and I don't want to ruin my skis nor like the sensation of hitting rocks on every turn. But after a big early season dump then it's on!
You ski on open trails at your own risk as well.   And if you let them take your pass you deserve it.  You telling me you cant outski patrol?
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Once while on a very green trail with newer skiers in a lesson moving on the side of the trail, a young man--20ish used my students to slow his speed, running over two kids.  He quickly got up and left without saying a word.  After checking for injuries and quickly grabing another instructor to take my class, I skated like mad to catch him.  Once found, we waited for my group to verify there were no inuries. He voluntariliy apologized.    We then rode the lift together when he recited safty rules in lieu of me getting patrol involved for an incident report.   In the beginning, he played the part of smart azz trying to impress his buddies, however he was very contrite in the end.   Truly not understanding how dangerous high speed collisions can be.  

Readers will note that I don't differientiate between boarders and skiers.    I dont believe it's the device we ride, rather the imaturity or ignorance of the rider.  At 14, I was an out of control punk kid on skis.   If I was born in the 2000s, I'd be on a board. Fate was on my side, as I never hit anyone, but very well could have were I at more crowded area.

Stay calm, breath.   Most humans wanted to be treated as such.   Respect gets respect.  

Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Years ago (25?)I was night skiing at West Mt.with 1st wife ,got to lift turned around  saw a boarder slam into her ,parts everywhere.Kid slides down to the lift says to his buddy "I just decked some chick". I went over to him two hand slam in the chest " that chick was my wife ". He got up pushed me down, Liftie (now a groomer at Gore) runs over separates us , rips tickets,sends us home. She finally skiis down starts to tell me what happened, says she doesn't want to ski anymore, I tell her I can't anyway cause i decked some punk.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
Today I was on my snowboard and sitting on the side of the trail waiting for my friends to come down.  A group of 5 pre-teens all sprayed me with snow while I was sitting there.  I made a snowball, started riding down to find them and when I did, I threw the snowball into the group and hit one of them straight in the back.  I wanted to make more snowballs and get them some more, but 5 against 1 wasn't going to work out well.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I was not an angel as a kid, but I can't imagine doing anything like FH or Sno just described. People are such assholes now days. Kids can be some of the worst. That's what happens when the adults put the kids in charge.