Whip Cream on Dog Poop

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whip Cream on Dog Poop

telerider
It's just maddening to me that NJ keeps getting hammered with snow and these storms clearly miss up north.  MY kid is of froom school yet again, He will be going to school till July 4th the way it's going here.  At least it looks like the Catskills will get some love out of today's storm.   I already have 6" of fresh Warren (NJ) County Cement since Sunrise with no immediate end in sight.  Gore forecast for Wed keeps getting revised not in our favor.  Maybe 6", followed by 3-4" on Sunday. We'll see...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snow in the Flatlands

Harvey
Administrator
Weather is weather. It is what it is.

And not everyone skis at Gore.

To me the downside is that the board of ed just shortened the Presidents break reducing my ski days.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote

To me the downside is that the board of ed just shortened the Presidents break reducing my ski days.
Did they do that because of the number of snow days???
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
Yep, my son already lost one of his two days off of Presidents and his Easter break is getting effected too.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Hey, that's good news for non family guy Benny. Less President's week crowds.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
God, how many of these do I have to post this year?

Weather is what it is. There is no way to change it. Stop complaining. Just enjoy what you got or, alternatively, travel to someplace that has had weather that is "better" than the weather you currently have.

And as far as everything going south of us and us not having enough snow, read snolocos sky-is-falling posts of the last week to see how "great" it's been down south. And talk to me on March 15th. Let me know if you prefer the base depth of Mountain Creek or Cataloochee to Gore.

I know people's natural tendency is to complain, but can we at least keep our complaints in the realm of things that can actually be controlled?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Hey, we could be living in California, right? Gotta hurt for all of those people who own second homes on Tahoe.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
if your kids are in elementary school, just keep   your vacation plans as is..the 2/3 days jr misses are irrelevant..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Three years ago my daughter had Presidents' week off. Now it is only Monday and Tuesday. Her only week off is in April. I think they build in 3 snow days. We will probably be using another one Wed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whip Cream on Dog Poop

njadk
In reply to this post by telerider
Our 2 built-in snow days where I teach here in NJ are already gone, and we had our fourth snow day today. Not sure if Presidents weekend is gone for us, but Easter break is looking more and more like a distant memory of years past.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
Harvey wrote
Did they do that because of the number of snow days???
Yep.

Vacations should be in winter. Keep the kids in school in July if you need to.

Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
God, how many of these do I have to post this year?

Weather is what it is. There is no way to change it. Stop complaining. Just enjoy what you got or, alternatively, travel to someplace that has had weather that is "better" than the weather you currently have.

I do love yelling at clouds. Grandpa Simpson is priceless. I am amazed and thankful every time I arrive at Gore  that it is always as good as it is.  Tremendous mountain/snow management efforts.  Was just making an observation staring out the window from my office yesterday.  Glad to see the Catskills got hit and are gonna get crushed tomorrow.  I did manage to make some turns in the backyard at dusk last night.  Always fun doing a little 'urban' skiing in the neighborhood.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Saw this guy today. I wonder if this is where the expression "blower" came from?  

Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
You just have to go farther north.  Jay, Smuggs, Stowe and Sugarbush have been excellent for some time now.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Saw this guy today. I wonder if this is where the expression "blower" came from?  

I think those blowers should be used to blow off chairs on the lifts in the mornings