classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whiteface 12/14/11

ausable skier
This post was updated on .
I got out of the office for a few quick runs at lunch today.  It was a cloudy day and heard on the gondi that it was very foggy in the morning.  It was about 30 degrees at the top and 35 at the bottom.  Not much wind at all.

The snow was a nice creamy packed powder and very edgeable.

There is quite a bit more open this week.  Lower Northway was a nice change from having to ski excelsior again.  Its one of my favorite Blue runs on the mountain.

The bumps were nice on both Essex and Victoria and had some big snow making whales mixed in.

The conditions on WF's web site are saying thin cover but i didn't really see any rocks except at the bottom where they have not fully covered the section below the bottom of the Facelift.

They are blowing Upper Parkway and Thruway for a race coming up so don't expect to get to ski that right away when it opens - it may only be for the racers at first.

it was the best lunch hour I've had since last season.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface 12/14/11

miker92
Damn. I had today off in the middle of finals week and almost went. I've been dying to ski bumps. Sounds like it would have been worth it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by ausable skier
I was up on Weds as well.  Too bad we didn't cross paths.  I think it was the best conditions of the year, had a great day.  Some pics from the day here.

Any idea how things held up over the past 36 hours?  I was surprised to see that the gondi wasn't on windhold this morning.

Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
i haven't had many days at whiteface with out seeing Ron there, unless the backcountry is real good.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.