This post was updated on .

Cool video from last week's DH race.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface DH Race

campgottagopee
Like I've said be4 I've never been on a DH course. After looking at this vid I've decided it's a good thing for me to never go on one ....seems pretty silly to ride down rocks like that
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
silly is what silly does!

now go shoot a woodchuck, just because!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Downhill Mike
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Thanks for posting this video!

I just saw this and would like to let a few know about downhill mountain biking. The rocks we are rolling over on this race course, or any upper mt dh trails would be treacherous on a regular mountain bike. Even if you have a full suspension mtb bike with hydraulic disc brakes, our trails at the Whiteface Mountain Bike require a downhill mountain bike, and downhill specific skills.

Our Analogy:
We would not ski down glades or slides on x-c skis. Especially if we have never downhill skied before.
When a downhill bike is ridden over these rocks, it's not crazy or silly. What happens is you have more fun than you could imagine, with how smooth and easy it actually is. Downhill bikes are cool!  Also, all mountain bikers start on our lower trails that start at the bottom of Tower 10 Hill accessed by our shuttle vehicles. Some beginner trails on the open ski trails, but mostly awesome single-track between your favorite ski trails. Next t waterfalls, through rivers, etc. It's so nice being at the mountain when it's 75 and sunny!

The bike park is a privately owned business owned and operated by 2 downhillers. We take this serious and put many smiles on peoples faces all summer for the past 9 years! Even our downhill bikes are $3,500.00 dh rigs. In the next week we should have our display bike located at the entrance tot he cafeteria. Please check out the bike and our website at:<a href="http:// www.downhillmike.com"> www.downhillmike.com

Please stop by in the summer and we will gladly give you a private guided trip down the mountain.

See ya at The Face
Downhill Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

Downhill Mike
Rental bikes