Whiteface Private Lesson

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whiteface Private Lesson

JTG4eva!
Hey, a few of you guys might know.  Rather than put the kids in Teen Experience (x2) and Jr. Adventure at Kids Kampus (or whatever they call it now), I booked a full day private for Sunday.  This will give everyone more time on the snow Sunday even though we may split up the instruction time a bit....have instructor spend a couple hours with my sons on intermediate cruisers, spend a couple hours with me and my daughter on tougher stuff, maybe get my beginner level wife out for an hour of instruction.....plus I will get to be on snow with the kids and instructor, which could be fun.  It's a little more than using the kids programs, but seemed nice for a change.

Given it's a holiday weekend I'm sure they will be busy, but would it be appropriate/make sense to request a particular instructor?  If so, any recommendations for a mix of instructing levels?  I had a great 2 hour "group" lesson with Bill last year (I was the only student)....maybe I should request him?  Appreciate any advice from those in the know!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Private Lesson

skunkape
I am not in the know, but if you have someone you know and like, why take chances? My son had a horrible instructor that let him ride off the side of trail into the dirt.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
There are two Bills
Both are level 3 certs
Can't go wrong with either
If you like one stick with them

Book right away.  We are very short staffed for a busy holiday weekend.  They may already be booked.  You might need to consider two half days.

Remember to tip if you have a good lesson
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Thanks Coach.  All booked. I'm sure it will be a $hitty lesson!;)  Of course I was planning on tipping for a private.

May make sense to stick with Bill, but I forgot his last name!  He and I were the same age, would make him 46.  That narrow it down any?
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
was he from Colorado?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Bill Fisher.  Excellent choice.  
The other Bill is about 60
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
You will be able to cut the lines all day.  Not a bad perk.  Its going to be busy this weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
All set with Bill Fisher.  Thanks Coach.

Yeah, bypassing the lines will be another nice benefit!  The kids will all be happier as they were never crazy about the down time at Bear Den before and after they got on snow with those programs, and during lunch.

Looking forward to this weekend.  Got stuck playing with the high intensity Jamaicans at pick-up soccer last night and one of them cam across my lower leg with his studs, so the nasty bruise and cut below my shin is prolly gonna hurt like a sob, but it will still be great.  Sat is Daddy Day.  Will hit up First Tracks and then it's free time.

If anyone is around and wants to take a few runs let me know.  I'll be at the bar around lunchtime with Bloody Mary in hand.  Cloudspin Lounge late, I'll be the tall handsome guy with hair sitting with two balding dudes that kinda look like me (bros).
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Its going to be real cold in the AM dress warm and then add another layer.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
If you need a lesson in the Cloudspin just hook up w/ the AzzClowns
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Its going to be real cold in the AM dress warm and then add another layer.
Good advice.  Thanks!  We've managed to make it to the mountain and ski even on mornings where my brother's engine block was frozen, so we are no strangers to the January cold up there.  Here's hoping the cold Friday night into Saturday keeps some of the lightweights in bed!