Whiteface Webcam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whiteface Webcam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highpeakskier
I'm sure that this has been discussed somewhere. Does everyone have a problem with the cam cutting out before your time is out or is it just me. I think it's time to catch up with the rest of the ski areas. The best user interface cams are at Squaw & Sunday River. Best still are at A-Basin.
nature gave us a brain, life gives us a mind. (little dog with Rockies Collegiate Peaks in backround)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Webcam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowgrabber
I am a big believer in having a static cam image to go along with any streaming video to avoid these kinds of issues.

---Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by highpeakskier
highpeakskier wrote
I'm sure that this has been discussed somewhere. Does everyone have a problem with the cam cutting out before your time is out or is it just me.
I have the issue. I figured it was some kind of compatibility issue with my browser (Firefox) or my computer (Mac).  I usually end up waiting for someone else to drive it and check it out from there.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
I have the same issue with the WF webcam cutting out after about 20-25 seconds and I know everyone else I have asked have the same problem. I emailed WF asking about the issue and they responded saying something like, a lot  of people use the web cam it must be just to many users or something like that which made no sense at all. Actually the webcam is just about useless anyway unless you want to see what someone on the deck is eating for lunch. IMO what they need is a base area web cam, one at the top of the Gondi pointing up to the summit and one at the mid lodge looking up the hill so you can see what Mountain Run, Wilderness and Lower Mac looks like. Kind of what Whistler has, cams all over the mountains that actuall show the terrrain.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
The cam cuts out on me also.
WF Used to have a base cam and it disappeared when they had the convention center construction cam. The ORDA ice rink cam is just silly.