Whiteroom custom skis

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteroom custom skis

JTG4eva!
Yeah, three.....but drop them all as you seem uncomfortable with me, my 17 year old son, and my 20 year old daughter each having our personal emails subscribed.  Boy, it’s a good thing my younger son or wife didn’t want to subscribe!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This morning I feel a little differently.

Clearly I didn't think it through. The first seven entrants looked like they might be from the same person.

I'm not saying that is what you did, just that that ^^ surprised me and kind of bummed me out.

I changed the home page post to ask that people sign up for themselves. Obviously that is the honor system, and will only work for some people.  When it's time to choose I'll guess I'll try to eliminate any duplicates I know about. Otherwise I think I have to accept this as an inherent flaw in my idea.

My real goal is to find more people who want to read our stuff.  The easiest way to grow that list is facebook advertising, you can add subscribers really cheap.  I knew this would be much more expensive than that, but thought it would be fun. It is actually a rule in contest marketing that the more valuable the prize the less valuable the email addy, and I did know that.

In 24 hours we signed up about 70 I think and many of those people I know are at least occasional readers so that is something.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah, it was smart of you to change the page to indicate ‘one entry per person’.  Despite the fact that that’s all we did for me and two of my kids, I don’t want to be viewed as some flaw in your logic or have you questioning my motives.  Trust me, if I wanted to stuff your ballot box I have at least eight other email addresses in the family that I could have used.

I’ll take us out of the running, we don’t need a chance at a free pair of skis that badly.  My daughter built her own website, in her internships she has worked extensively with blog posts and social media.  That kind of stuff will be a big part of her career and she’s a skier graduating college who will have more time to ski.  My son built his own computer, is into tech and the internet, skis, and will likely attend Plattsburg with the side benefit of skiing more in the next four years.  Sorry I tried to introduce them to the Blog....
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
https://4frnt.com/products/raven

Since it's wood, I'd get a cool design that looks like the top of Chris Benchetler's van:

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
That’s a cool van MC but I think you need to reread the front page. You and I are DQed
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The price of fame
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
Wow, nice gesture from Harv to arrange this ski giveaway but it looks like this is "no good deed goes unpunished" territory. Please ignore the 17 entries I sent in.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
That’s a cool van MC but I think you need to reread the front page. You and I are DQed
Yeah, I was just treating it as an "if" question.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
I don't really think it's fair to exclude you or MC for one blog post, especially as I consider both of those posts a big favor. But there are laws about contests like this and I need to be consistent and simple to protect myself.

I think we should leave your kids in.

That other guy, and some other stuff, set me off and I apologize.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
My company runs contest's all the time. All employees and their immediate family members can not participate in any of them.
It's the norm.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Harvey
No worries Harvey.  I don’t care about the chance to win the skis.  I felt bad that you though I would try to game the system.  I consider us all friends here too, even when some of us argue, and I wouldn’t do that to you.