classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whitewater Fantasy March 2011 (mo pix)

Powderqueen
This post was updated on .
The skiing at Whitewater ranks as one of the best ever this week. It was like fantasy skiing. Every run was like the photos below. Lots of untracked powder around every corner. Didn't need to work very hard for it. Even the next day there was untracked and lots of short hikes and traverses to take you to even more snow. A big day at Whitewater is 2000 people and there are nearly 1200 inbound acres and thousands more acres of side and backcountry.

We certainly hit one of the best weeks of the year.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whitewater Fantasy March 2011 (pix added)

Rochester Mark
I have to say, it was as good as it looks! What a trip. Great friends, great snow. It doesn't get any better! Thanks PDQ!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
wow.. that looks insane
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
I think we need to add the "droolie guy" emoticon!

For now this is the best I got:

NICE!  Can't wait to read the whole tale.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
This post was updated on .
It was insane. This trip was amazing from the first day, and each day got better. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, it did.

Friday was the peak, with blue skies, sunshine and 6-10" of snow (more in some places) on top of the 30"+ they received throughout the week.

Whitewater is truly a powderqueen's fantasy. Only once have I experienced so much untracked fresh snow throughout the day in a ski area...and that was the LAST time I was at Whitewater 7 years ago.

While I've had some lucky trips to Utah, and certainly the snow falls much deeper in the Wasatch than the Kootenays, the snow fell consistently and there was no competition for fresh snow, and untracked snow was easily found late into the day.

Saturday was our last day. This was the most crowded day. They only get 2000 people on a big day, I doubt there were that many people there, though the cafeteria was crowded. It was worth it to brave the crowds for the food.

Bacon Cheesburger with poutine and Kootenay Ale
DJ

or healthy meals like the Glory Bowl

and for dessert, Mark contemplates his balls
balls