classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who has put their ski boots on?

Z
Check in if you sat around watching TV with your ski boots on just to remember what it felt like.
Have you put your ski boots on yet?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Who has put their ski boots on?

Benny Profane
I've done it about ten times because I bought a pair of Full Tilts at the end of last season with Intuition liners, which form with heat molding once, but wearing them more than that. Trying to save money. I don't think it's working.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Benny, check out some of the DIY liner molding discussion in TGR Tech Talk (search J...). You'll dig the FTs. I have the Classic with stock 6 flex and optional 8 flex tongue. Lightest, best fitting boot I've ever had. Just ski in them, they will mold to your feet.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
If only boots would feel as good the first day of season as they do on the last.  

Answered yes.....because they were taunting me last week and I was jealous that my son got fitted for new boots and I didn't.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
I'd highy recomend that you visit a good ski shop and get the liners molded to your foot.  I have intuition liners in my boots and they will not mold just by wearing them unless you are skiing somewhere where the liners are going to be heated up to 150 degrees.  Maybe if you fly to that indoor ski area in Dubai and leave the boots out in your car for an hour and then go skiing.

Besides setting the liners up for you a good boot fitter will also check your both lateral and fore / aft balance and cant and add or take out the ramp angle as needed.  Its well worth the 50 bucks it will cost you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Z
To answer Coach's original question I have not put the boots on. As the Ozark Mtn Daredevils sang, "It'll shine when it shines." Though I must admit hat last year I was in Benny's shoes, err, boots.

Way back in the mists of time, I recall putting on the boots at University, running outside and sliding over a frozen puddle to the amazement of the African engineering students. It was hard to explain what ski boots were to guys who had never seen snow.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
I've put mine on but only because I just got intuition liners and I wanted to check for fit (much better than stock Garmonts!). These are the new Dream Liners which actually are not meant to be heat molded or baked before use, unlike other Intuitions. It molds through use which I am fine with.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Benny, check out some of the DIY liner molding discussion in TGR Tech Talk (search J...). You'll dig the FTs. I have the Classic with stock 6 flex and optional 8 flex tongue. Lightest, best fitting boot I've ever had. Just ski in them, they will mold to your feet.

Yeah, former Raichle Flexon owner, so I know. Hope I didn't buy these things too small, but, I don't think they are beyond a good boot fitter to fix that around the toes. God, they are light. I'll probably drop into Northern Ski Works on the Killington access road and talk to Hal (shameless plug) to make it all right if I have problems. The man is a craftsman.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Put in my old insoles which I had forgotten about in my previous generation of touring boots. Going to get them worked on a bit for a perfect fit. Maybe a toe punch, and definitely heat molding. You can do that at home, and not cause any harm as long as you don't get them too hot but I see no need considering I want to get them properly fit. If you do ski them in, it won't hurt the boots or anything. So excited for this season..
Also, putting them on and watching TV and walking around the living room like Coach suggests can really help a ton and you might avoid some unnecessary pain on the slopes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I put my boots on so I could vote yes in the poll.  God they feel great.

River - love the idea of Intuitions that you can wear to mold.  Post an update after you've skied them if you don't mind.  I'm definitely starting the season in my teleboots and hope to come up with the scratch for an AT setup (if I go that way) for my new skis with Christmas money.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Lock the Heel Harv!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Benny Profane wrote

Yeah, former Raichle Flexon owner, so I know. Hope I didn't buy these things too small, but, I don't think they are beyond a good boot fitter to fix that around the toes. God, they are light. I'll probably drop into Northern Ski Works on the Killington access road and talk to Hal (shameless plug) to make it all right if I have problems. The man is a craftsman.
Benny

When they heat mold your liners if you need more toe room ask them to put a toe cap on your feet before molding - that will really give you more toe room if you need it.  They should even have different thickness toe caps to choose from.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Benny Profane wrote
I've done it about ten times because I bought a pair of Full Tilts at the end of last season with Intuition liners, which form with heat molding once, but wearing them more than that. Trying to save money. I don't think it's working.
Have you been on the Intuition site?

Got rice?

https://intuitionliners.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IntuitionHomeFit.pdf

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Benny

Don't be a cheapskate - go to a shop and do it right.  It is so important that we all support our local ski shops or they will not be there for us all in the future.

There are so many little ways to mess this up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Man.... I was about to vote no  and post a comment like SBR about it happening when it happens...
Then last night sitting around in the dark (well ok, candlelight..) I lost it and had to do it...
Yup.  Felt like old friends.  

Thanks Coach.  Now it prolly won't snow here until Christmas!

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Coach Z wrote
Benny Profane wrote

Benny

When they heat mold your liners if you need more toe room ask them to put a toe cap on your feet before molding - that will really give you more toe room if you need it.  They should even have different thickness toe caps to choose from.

Thanks, Coach, that's a cool tip. I'll probably wind up in Hal's shop before I ski in them. Thought  I was going to put a footbed in, but, I really think that there is no room. Man, I hope they aren't too small. Only a few days will tell. If they're anything like my old Flexons, I should get about 80-100 days of happy feet out of them.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
mine were uncomfortably tight before i had them molded.  The material will make room for your foot when heated but it will not get larger if they are too big.  You are right where you want to be - just get to a good shop and all will be well.  

You should have room for your foot bed.  Usually the footbed makes your foot smaller by properly supporting it.  The foot bed does not go in the boot until after its heated right before you put it on to mold.