Who's skiing Whiteface this weekend?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who's skiing Whiteface this weekend?

ADmiKe
I'll be up there tonight - skiing tomorrow and Sunday.  Any NYSB'ers going to be out there?

<----I'll be looking like this yellow jacket white helmet with some old Dynastar Troublemakers...on my rock skis this weekend.
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Who's skiing Whiteface this weekend?

Highpeaksdrifter
ADmiKe wrote
I'll be up there tonight - skiing tomorrow and Sunday.  Any NYSB'ers going to be out there?

<----I'll be looking like this yellow jacket white helmet with some old Dynastar Troublemakers...on my rock skis this weekend.
Rock skis? Dude, conditions are awesome.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
ADmiKe wrote

Yeh I know - it's more for if the slides open - Id rather be able to go wherever and not care - my other rig is a brand new set of mantras I only skied once...would rather not have to care about blowing them out. Plus my "rock skis" ain't all that bad
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Yes, they are.  Outside of the Slides we aren't anywhere near needing rock skis.  Even in the Slides you only "need" them if you get agressive with lines amongst the rock and ice.  Had yesterday brought 40 degrees and a half inch plus of rain to the Slides things might be more  exposed, but that didn't happen.  Lower Sky packs a bite.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Glad to hear - I went conservative so I could charge whatever I find if need be - just got the Mantras as a wedding gift from my groomsmen and don't wanna do any late season damage...Cause I can't afford to replace them haha
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
By the last trip through the places that had untouched snow were untouched for a reason.  It hit those spots and had a lot of fun, but I left some ptex behind!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
JTG4eva! wrote
By the last trip through the places that had untouched snow were untouched for a reason.  It hit those spots and had a lot of fun, but I left some ptex behind!
Ha exactly....I don't want to give a crap how much ptex I leave behind if I get the goods
Reply | Threaded
|

Bandit
Just sent mike an email. I'll be up at WF tomorrow - weds if anyone wants to meet up. Shoot me an email and we can exchange contact info. I'm stoked!
Reply | Threaded
|

Lateski
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Mike were you at WF today?  I saw a guy in a yellow jacket ripping through the glades.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Lateski wrote
Mike were you at WF today?  I saw a guy in a yellow jacket ripping through the glades.
Wasn't there yesterday - skied Saturday/Sunday...